~|6|~

TRAVIS'S POV
<~EDITED ~>

"Hi Mom"I hugged my mom and kissed her cheeks.

"Hi Travis. Elaine called" she says sitting down on the plush couch.

"What'd she say this time" I rolled my eyes taking a seat too.

"Something about you not loving her anymore and you cheating?" She sipped her tea.

I wonder why she likes drinking tea. It's disgusting.

"First off. How'd she know? Secondly I couldn't resist 'cheating' " I shrugged.

How Elaine knew I 'cheated' was beyond me. Although she always thinks I cheat,but this time I'm not gonna deny it. I did cheat......with Mona.

I don't even regret it. That's what's surprising.

"Travis that's not nice" she scolded me but I knew she was mostly amused than mad.

She never liked Elaine either.

It's been two weeks since Mona and she's constantly on my mind. If I said she's all I could think about then I'd be lying cause the moment I came back to New York I came back to my problems.

Dad wouldn't stop bothering me about marriage and adding a new member to the 'family', I had a falling out with my cousin,and I've been trying to make up with him and Elaine doesn't wanna stop pressuring me about "putting a ring on it".

Elaine and I have been together for about 7 years now. It's a really long time without being married by now,I know that.

It's just.....I don't know. I'm tired of Elaine. She's changed alot. She isn't the sweet innocent girl I knew 7 years ago.

Now,she's just more arrogant,rude,prissy,acts like a diva most of the time,needy,clingy, and a bit more money hungry. She treasures her material things more than her life.

I'm not exaggerating. One time she almost got ran over by a car because she left a pair of shoes at the mall and she raced across the street back into the mall just to get it back.

Also i had a feeling i wasn't the only one cheating. What happened between mona and i wasn't supposed to happen but it did and i don't regret it.

"Are you gonna marry her?" Mom asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

Her tone was laced with indifference but I knew she genuinely wanted to know as she stared at me expectantly.

"I don't know mom" I said truthfully.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean. Yeah I love Elaine. I'm just not in love with her anymore. Does that make sense?" I relaxed on the couch and sighed.

I don't think I'll ever love Elaine as much as i did before, after what i found out. She eyed me curiously but also knowingly.

"Who'd you cheat on Elaine with?" She sips from her cup of tea.

"Mom!" I rolled my eyes at her nosey self.

"Just answer the question" she rolled her eyes back at me.

"......fine. her name's Mona" I sighed almost smiling.

"Ok. Tell me about Mona" she placed her half empty tea cup back on the table.

"Well......she's the CEO of the company in Nigeria our company made a deal with..." I started.

"isn't she one of the world's leading buissness women?"when I nodded she replied with "Interesting"

I continued.

"She's beautiful. Like really pretty. With brown skin and light brown eyes. She's very curvy and intelligent. She's confident and independent,she's tall but I'm still taller......"I rambled on and on while mom had an amused smile playing on her thin lips.

I'm surprised I know this much about her by just spending a night with her. Well more like a day. It's not like we talked.

Did I say amused smile? Mom almost never smiles. I stopped talking and cleared my throat.

"Why'd you stop? I wanna know more about Mona" mom mused.

"That's all" I rubbed my neck.

"Do you wanna know what I think?" She asks with a glint in her eyes.

"Yes" I let out almost dreading the answer.

"You're in love again" now she was smiling brightly.

"Excuse me? I am not in love!" I rebutted getting up from my seat suddenly nervous.

"At least this time it's actually a decent girl"mom continued.

Normally I would be angry about her not thinking Elaine was decent but right now I didn't care.

Am I really in love?.

Nah. That's crazy. I barely know the woman.

"Mom I'm not in love" I combed my hair with my fingers almost in frustration. Or denial?.

"Yes you are" mom stood up too facing me with an intimidating stance.

"Why would you think that?" I asked taking slight step back.

"I see it in your eyes when you talk about her Travis. You don't talk about Elaine that way. At least not anymore" she explained.

I kept mute. I honestly didn't know what to say. I mean what do you say to that?.

"I'm not in love. I don't even Know her mom" I was starting to doubt it.

Maybe I am in love?.

I can't be in love with Mona and marry Elaine. I'm not in love. Maybe if I chanted it enough I'll finally believe it.

"That's not what I heard. You sounded like you knew alot about her. You're in love Travis...." Mom's vioce faded as she left the room.

I'm in love with Mona. Damn. That's why i dreaded her answer because i knew it too i was just afraid of admitting it.

This is definitely not what I expected I was gonna realize after talking to Mom this time.

Mom has a way of doing that.

Again Travis. Fuck!

I rubbed my face. I need a shower. I left soon after thinking about what I just found out.

I got to my condo in my black mustang i had decided to take out today.I'm in love with Mona. Now I wanted to see her. So bad. I miss her smile,her scent.....

My thoughts were filled with Mona up untill I fell asleep.

Mona.

***Oooh he's in love!. It's disgusting.

Anyway vote, comment and share:-)