~|5|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

It's been three weeks since the one night stand and I kept getting flashes of that night at random times. It was really irritating. The memory of the night was still pretty hazy but i remember there were moans,grunts,heavy breathing,cursing....

And finally all the hickeys were gone.

Those things were a nuisance. I had to use makeup to cover the red blotches on my neck line that were very visible.

We had started on the project and so far it was going well. I just came back from work and I was exhausted.

I pulled off my heels and threw it at random places. I quickly went upstairs to my room and crashed on my bed. I fumbled with my bra clasp before taking it off.

I was out like a light.

I didn't take a bath and it made me uncomfortable. I had to wake up in the middle of the night to take a quick shower. I never go to bed without having a shower first but I was just so tired.

The next day I woke up late.

Well I'm the boss I could do whatever I wanted but I couldn't stay at home when we had a lot of work at the office.

I pryed my body off the bed. Sluggishly I entered the bathroom and had a quick shower. I had another flashback.

After my bath,I dried my body and messaged my skin with some cocoa butter.

I shimmied into my outfit. It was a white pant suit that had gold buttons and a pair of brown stilettos.(outfit above).

I put my hair into a high bun then layed the edges and did a very light makeup just some mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss. I grabbed my bag and out the door i was.

The drive to the office was extra boring today. I tried playing some music but I really wasn't into it.

I got to the company and parked at my spot. I got down from the car and walked into the office.

"Good morning madam" James my PA greeted me.

"Good morning James" I answered.

He looked at me weirdly but I ignored it.

I answered the greetings from the other workers in my company before reaching my office.

I flumped on my fancy chair and sighed. Time to work. I made a few phonecalls and studied some graphs.

An hour later my assistant entered my office.

"These are the files you ordered madam" he placed them on my desk.

"Thank you" I said without looking up from my computer.

When he left I placed my aching head on my desk. My eyes were drooping. I can't afford this right now. Or ever.

I had alot to do!

I ordered coffee and a few minutes later it was brought to me. Hopefully the caffeine would boost my energy.

"Here's your coffee madam" James placed it in front of me.

The moment I brought the coffee up to take a sip the smell made my belly turn. I frowned. I felt bile rise to my throat.

Since when?.

After trying to take a sip from it I gave up. It just made me want to turn my insides out.

"Please take it back. I don't want to drink again" I said handing it back to James.

"Why madam? Is it too hot? Or too cold?" He questions, sounding perplexed.

"Just take it back!" I snapped.

"Sorry madam" he scurried away.

I rubbed my temples and let out a tired sigh.I'm too stressed out right now. I picked up my bag deciding to leave and visit mom.

She'll know what to do.

"James drop any files that need my attention on my desk I'll take care of it tomorrow" I said to the dark skinned man who was always on glasses.

"Yes madam"

I left the company and drove straight to my parents house. The estate they lived in was still being renovated so i had to take so many short cuts before i could get to their building.

"Mommy!" I yelled after opening the front door of their lavish duplex. I locked the door,and dragged my feet to the living room.

I might be an adult but I'll always need my mom. As long as she's still alive I'll always need her.

"Monachim? What are you doing here?" She asked coming downstairs.

I slumped on one of the chairs in the living room and groaned loudly. I was on full baby mode.

"What is it na?" Mom says sitting next to me.

"I'm tired" I whined.

"You're tired?. That's what you came to tell me? And I thought you just wanted to visit your dear mother" Mom scoffed loudly.

I laughed.

"Mommy" I nudged her playfully.

She smiled.

"No but mommy. Seriously I'm tired. I'm so stressed out right now. I can't even drink coffee!" I complained, placing my head on her lap.

"Then relax!" She said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. It was but not to me.

"I can't right now I have alot of work to finish at the office. I can't afford to be tired right now" I say huffing.

"Then why are you here?" She smoothed some of my stray hair and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know. To relax? Mommy you always know what to do so tell me what to do" I stared at her pleadingly.

I've never been this stressed in a while. My only thought was that maybe my period was coming but i was supposed to have it last week.

"Ok. Firstly stop over working yourself. Your body is breaking from all the stress you need to relax. Take a day off ok?" She massaged my head.

It made me feel really sleepy.

"But I can't. There's alo-"

"Infact don't go back to work today. You can relax here" she said with a tone of finality.

That's exactly what I was planning tho.

"Where's daddy?" I asked.

"He went to visit his friend in Abuja. He'll be back tomorrow. Now I want you to take a nap. When you wake up Maria will make something for you to eat"

"Ok mommy" I mumbled falling into a deep sleep.