~|17|~

Elaine

It finally happened. My mother officially ruined my life. I chuckled at myself.

I shouldn't have believed her.

Travis was never gonna hurt me. My mother has always been a problem in my life. She was the sole reason for all my insecurities and my friend Judy made it worse.

They made me change myself so much I couldn't even recognize me anymore. I did the one thing I promised myself I wouldn't do.

Lose Travis.

Wow. You know any other story it would be the guy who betrayed the girl.

I regret my decision. All of it. And I don't think pointing fingers would help even though it was my mom's and "friend's" fault.

No. It's my fault. I let their words get to me. I let their thoughts about my life come to existence when it didn't.

I ruined my life. Not mom. I never should have fucking listened to her taunts. Or her insults or her......I never should have.

Sighing I got out of my car. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to go back to the woman who caused me pain for 26 years of my life.

I didn't want to go home and meet her with her taunting smile like she knew Travis and I aren't together anymore.

She probably did know.

At least she got what she wanted. A fucking heir to the malifeci throne. I feel disgusted with myself.

I slept with a man old enough to be my father to please my own mother. I hate her.

I fucking hate her!.

I wanted to scream but I didn't think the residents of the motel would appreciate it.

I only slept with him once and I'm fucking pregnant. That day the guilt that ate through me was so great I had heaved into my toilet like three to four times.

I had felt sick to my stomach, disgusted with myself and finally realized that I had gone too far.

I made excuses to not see Travis after that because of my guilt. He probably thinks I spend those times with his father.

I wish I could go back in time.

I wouldn't try so had to please my mother and finally get the love I did deserve from her.

I wouldn't let her be the demon that tormented me every night. I wouldn't take her advice and change myself just to "make sure" Travis didn't leave me.

I think she put more effort in my relationship than I did. It was her plan all along.

She's such a gold digger. When I had finally confronted her she had said she did it for me.

She controlled my life for me. She's a manipulative, conniving bitch. I hate her.

She said the child I was carrying was gonna make me climb the social ladder and become powerful.

I can't believe I came out of the womb of a woman like her. No wonder dad left her.

She's evil.

I finally lodged in the motel. I locked the room door strutting to the bathroom.

I have had enough. I'm not going to cry or wallow in self pity. I was gonna take back my life. I was gonna pick myself up and raise my head high.

I'm done letting people control my life. I said to my reflection.

I'm done.

Travis

"God dude that sucks" was all Alex had to say after I narrated what happened between Elaine and I.

I gave him a look and he rolled his eyes shrugging. What am I still doing here?.

I took a swing of my bottle of vodka. He sighed audibly before standing up and walking up to me.

"Look. I know what happened was messed up man. But you gotta know that's life. Things don't always go the way you expect. You've been together for 7 years yeah,but you're in love with someone else. Maybe you guys weren't meant to be together"he gave me a sympathetic look.

That must have been the most sencible thing he's ever said. I nodded with a genuine smile.

"Thanks man" I said genuinely thankful.

He nodded.

"Now wipe that pathetic look off your face and then lets go have some fun!" He smirked.

I chuckled.

"Sorry dude. I can't" I refused.

What I needed was to go home and sleep this one out. He nodded knowingly.

"It's gonna be ok" he says.

It was ok. I left his apartment, driving straight to my house. It's been a long day.

Elaine and I chapter's closed. A new one is opening. Mona and I.

*****I really wanted to show you guys that Elaine isn't a bad guy. Everyone has a reason for behaving some kind of way whether good or bad.

So don't judge a book by its cover.

Also I edited the last chapter. I added a few things I forgot to add. You can read it again if you'd like.

Vote and comment^_^!.