~|23|~

Travis (three days earlier)

"Sir?" My assistant called out.

"Yes?"

"Miss Elaine would like to speak to you sir" she said.

I sighed tiredly.

"Let her in" I gestured.

Elaine came in a few seconds later. She looked different. She looked skinnier than ever,her eyes and cheeks were sunken in,her hair unbrushed,(which almost never happens).

She looked sick.

"Hello Travis" she let out with a weak smile.

"Hi Elaine. What can I do for you?" I asked with an even voice.

"I need your help Travis. My baby and I are in danger" she pleaded shakily.

I've never seen her like this before and I'll admit I felt a little scared.

"How? Why?"

"Your father found out. I don't know how and now he wants me to kill my baby. I don't want to,I can't kill my baby" she cried.

I stood up and walked. closer to her.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked slowly.

I honestly did want to help her. I mean at one point,I loved this woman,I still do but not as much as I love Mona.

"Help me leave the country. I have a little money saved up. You won't ever see me again. Me and my baby will go somewhere safe from everyone" she rambled holding my arm.

"My dad can and will find you even at the ends of the Earth if he really wanted to." I said seriously.

She cried louder.

"Listen. I can still help you." I hugged her to calm her down.

"Really?" She sniffles staring at me with hope in her eyes.

I nodded.

I let her cry on my shoulder for a while untill she finally stopped. I let her go

"Does my dad know you're here?" I asked.

"No. I'm not sure. He probably has someone watching me" she replies.

"Ok. You're gonna come live with me before I figure something out alright?" I stared at her scared blue eyes.

"Are you sure?" She questions skeptically.

"Yes. You won't be safe anywhere else" I said.

"Ok" she nodded.

|•••|

Elaine just finished settling back into the house she once lived in a few months ago.

"Thank you Travis." She sniffled.

"You're welcome" I gave a small smile.

"Are you hungry? I have a left over chicken curry in the fridge" I told her as I made my way into the kitchen.

"Yes" she says unsure.

"Ok. I'll just put in the microwave"

"No. I'll do it myself" she hurriedly said as she approaches and takes it away from my grip.

I nodded,deciding to go take a shower,it's been a long day. After my shower I found Elaine asleep on the couch.

I picked her up and carried her up to the guest room. I turned off the lights and closed her door before leaving.

~~~]

The next day I paid my dad a visit. The old man called asking me to come over.

I barged into his office without regard for anything else but knowing why I'm here and then leaving immediately after.

He was with two other men I recognized as his henchmen. I frowned.

"Dad?" I called.

"Yes son" he answered finally realizing I was in the room..

"What'd you want?" I asked straight to the point. I didn't want to waste time.

"I know Elaine's with you" he stated narrowing his eyes at me.

"How'd you know?" I asked with my eyes on the burly men.

"I have people watching her" he shrugged lazily.

"So?" I met his eyes.

"I have a deal for you"he said.

I had no idea what was going on his head but the look on his face showed me it wasn't good. Oh no.

"What deal?" I asked hesitantly.

"In return for not killing Elaine and the baby she's carrying. You have to marry her" he walked closer to me and smirked.

I clenched my jaw.

"And why would I do that?" I gritted out.

"Like I said. Elaine. Dies" he had a calculative smirk on his lips as he says this.

"What if I don't care if Elaine dies?" I asked.

"We both know you'll never let Elaine die like that" he chuckled deviously.

He was right. I wasn't gonna let Elaine and the very innocent baby die like that but he didn't need to know that.

"I know that look on your face son" my dad said.

"What look?" I frowned at him.

"I know what you're planning that's why Elaine's here. Bring her in!" He yelled to the two men.

I heard Elaine's whimper as she was dragged into the office. I gritted my teeth when a gun was pointed to her belly.

"Let. Her. Go" I let out.

"Oh we will" my dad nodded, circling me.

"After your engagement is announced tommorow to the Media" he informed.

"Why are you doing this?" I said, slightly pained that my own father would do this. It wasn't unexpected but it still hurt.

He doesn't reply,instead he eyes me with a disappointed look.

Hearing Elaine's whimpers and cries made me feel even more defeated. Dad won this one.

"So what's it gonna be son?" He says standing close to my face.

Looking at my dad felt like looking into a mirror. We were so alike, physically. it was slightly creepy. Except he had brown eyes.

"Fine. But just let her go" I gave up.

"It's done then. Tommorow you're engaged to Elaine" he walked to his wine collection as Elaine was pushed towards me.

I held her as she cried in my chest.

"It's ok" I cooed at her and kissed her head.

"It's gonna be ok" I whisper glaring at my father's accomplished smirking face.

~~~~

As I ate with the love of my life I couldn't help but feel at peace but I knew once I left her presence I'd be plagued with the problem at hand again.

******Please tell me what you think sorry for going AWOL. Alot's just been happening lately.