~|11|~

MONA'S POV
<~EDITED~>

"Travis" I cleared my throat awkwardly while standing up from my seat.

My voice was monotone not betraying my rising panic as i stared at the handsome man.

"Good morning Mr Travis. How can I help you?" I asked him.

"I just want to speak to you" he answered walking further towards me.

Oh God no.

"About what?" I coughed, and for a fleeting moment that night flashed in my mind like a slideshow.

My belly swarmed with butterflies. That's not good.

"About that night"he placed his toned arms on my desk. I was momentarily distracted from his bright green eyes to his flexing muscles.

Oh how his arms handled me that night.

He chuckled softly and I snapped my eyes from his arms back to his Jade eyes.Our faces were suddenly too close so I moved away. I stepped out from behind my desk.

"I'm sorry Mr Travis but I'm really busy right now" I tried making an excuse. I didn't want to talk to him now. Or ever.

He wasn't thinking the same. Unfortunately.

"Mona we're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later" he sighed.

But I don't want to. It'll make whatever happened more real. Realer than it actually was and I don't want that.

"No we don't. We can just think of it as a one night stand" I shrugged not really caring.

He frowned. Which made him slightly more attractive. God everything about him was attractive. Stop it mona.

"I can't" he said seriously.

"What?" Huh? I was stunned.

"I can't think of it as just a one night stand. I can't stop thinking about that night....I can't stop thinking about you " He stood before me and cupped my chin bringing our faces closer.

What-? No.

"I can't" he whispered as his eyes lowered to mine. I could see a few golden flakes in his green eyes. My belly burned with the butterflies again.

"Why can't you?" I asked genuinely confused. What he was spewing didn't make sense to me.

"I l- I don't know"he says "I just can't ok?"he released his hold on me ran his hands through his hair.

We locked eyes. His eyes was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. And it was annoying how much I liked his smile. He was suddenly closer to me. I took a whiff of his cologne and almost smiled. He smelt just as good as I remember.

"I don't want that night to be just a one night stand" he confessed.

He doesn't mean that. I looked away.

"What else was it? We were both drunk. Well I was, I'm not so sure about you" I said.

"The most passionate night I ever had" his vioce dropped an octave as he admitted huskiliy.

A million emotions bubbled inside me. What does he mean by that?. I don't understand.

his vioce spoke volumes but I refused to believe it.

He's confused. That's the only reasonable explanation for all of it. Yeah that's it. It's all there is. Why he decided to waste my time had me boiling with anger.

"Please Leave" I whisper,as my fingers slowly closed together,forming into fists besides me.

"What?" He lets out.

"I want you to leave" I said loudly.

"I'm sorry Mona but I can't hide the truth anymore--"

" leave!" I screamed.

I can't take it. He doesn't know what he's saying. It doesn't even make any sense.My eyes burned with tears and it made me even more aggravated. I looked him in the eye.

"Mona I'm --" he's still talking.

"No leave!" I saw the hurt in his eyes but I ignored it.

He's lying.

When he finally left,I released the breath I didn't know I was holding. I felt a tear slip and I quickly whiped it away.

I composed myself after taking a few deep breaths, before going back to work. But I barely got anything done. The asshole.

I left work early cause I was feeling a little sick. I was starving. I haven't eaten all day.

When i got i ordered some pizza and Chinese food and I ate to my heart's content but I was still hungry.

I ignored my still growling belly. I Took a bath before going to bed immediately after. In the middle of night I sprung out of bed and rushed to the kitchen in search of food.

I was so damn hungry,my belly almost started eating itself.  I could eat literally anything. Except strawberry jam. The smell makes me sick.

I used butter for my bread instead.

After my midnight snack I brushed my teeth again before going back to sleep.

I woke up late. again.

This time I didn't want to ignore it. I decided to look into it once I got back from work.

It could be serious.

Immediately I stepped into my office I remembered what happened between Travis and I. I got a text from him.

It read "I'm sorry"

I blew out an irritated breath and ignored it. My chest tightened as i remembered the hurt in his beautiful eyes. I wanted to hug and maybe kiss him...

No. Not now Mona. You need to forget about it. About him. About everything. With that I got to work.

A few minutes into working my belly grumbled demanding food. Gosh. I literally just ate 5 hours ago.(my midnight snack).

I called my assistant telling him to order me a croissant and hot cocoa. 30 minutes later it was brought to me.

"Thank you James" I thanked him and He nodded before leaving.

He was still giving me weird looks but I always ignored it. I ate my breakfast in peace before going back to work.

Lunch rolled by and I ignored my grumbling stomach. I have never been a big eater and I don't understand why I'm always hungry nowadays.

I ordered lunch too. That was how it went on for a couple of days days. Then I missed my period.

The fear that gripped me....

*****