~|28|~

TRAVIS

"Who got you all beaten up?" Ivan asked lighting a cigarette as he pointed to my slowly healing wounds.

"My dad" I rolled my eyes,which slightly hurt.

"Explains it" he chuckled taking a drag of his pot.

"Would you quit that and help me?" I whined at him.

"Calm your ass down. I have a plan" he waved me off.

I watched as he took a drag of his weed and blew it out making a cloud of smoke surround him.

"Fine. Let's hear it" I said interested.

"I'll make sure your girls are fine" he said.

"Mona is my girl. Elaine is my ex" I corrected.

"Sure" he rolled his eyes.

MONA

"Your baby is absolutely healthy. Are you sure you don't want to know the gender?" Doc Samantha asked.

"I'm sure" I said.

I left the hospital after the checkup still in a bad mood. Why?. Travis!. I haven't talked to him in five days. Five days!.

I was angry,sad, worried,and I missed him as hell. I wanted to cry. Hell, I cried almost every night this past week.

My checkup was late because I kept pushing the appointment date so Travis would make it.

I had to think about my baby too.

When I got home,I mopped around for awhile still trying Travis's number but as usual it wasn't going through.

My company had gone on Christmas break. As usual my house was void of any 'christmas cheer'.

I wasn't one for decorations or those shit but since I was going to be a mama now I decided to decorate this year.

Mom and I went Christmas shopping. We bought decorations for my house,some groceries,more baby clothes and toys,we even bought matching onesies for my baby and I.

It had "mommy" written on mine and had "baby" written on my baby's. It was so cute. It came in a family set,so it also had a "daddy".

I choked on a sob.

"Monachim na. Stop this. You're stressing yourself and your baby" mom scolded as she hugged me.

In the middle of the shopping center.

"I'm sorry....I just miss him so much.....why won't he just call once?" I ranted as I cried harder.

"It's ok" she cooed.

I ignored the weird amused look the other customers were giving us. I just needed to let out my pent up emotions.

"I'm fine now" I pulled away from mom and wiped my eyes with my wrists.

"Let's go home" she said smiling warmly at me.

I nodded.

Two weeks, turned to three,then four. A month had passed since I last heard from Travis and I had partially given up hope on hearing from him.

I don't need him. That's a lie. I do need him.

I rubbed my belly once he kicked again. He's been very active this past week which meant he was healthy. I was glad. I was greatful that even tho i haven't exactly been myself at least my baby was still healthy.

I was 5 months now and the whole world knows. I don't care really,even after I got insults about me being a slut,whore,I can't close my legs,I have no shame blah blah blah.

I don't care. I never cared and i won't start now.Earlier today I had bumped into Amara at the supermarket.

"So it's true" she says eyeing my swollen belly.

I rolled my eyes pushing passed her.

"Can't handle the fact that you're just a whore?" She spat.

Silence is the best answer to a fool.

"Michael was right" she scoffed and that was what made me stop in my tracks.

"And what was he right about?" I turned to her folding my arms across my chest and rose an eyebrow at her.

"You are such a slut. I won't be surprised if your baby daddy is really Dami" she cursed.

"Who's Dami?" I frowned at her.

"You're denying it abi? So you don't remember Micheal's best friend you just had to sleep with while you were still in a relationship with him" she snarled.

Of course Micheal would lie to her. It's such a Micheal thing to do.

"FYI Amara i didn't cheat on Micheal with dami. He cheated on me with chizoba. Why do you think chizoba and I aren't friends anymore?" I said calmly.

I honestly didn't care what she thinks, but I just needed to make it clear.

Her confident demure faltered as she fumbled with words to say. I scoffed rolling my eyes before pushing my trolley away to the cashier.

I was done for the day.

I grabbed my laptop and placed it on my lap. I got into working immediately and I quickly got bored.

I grabbed my phone, scrolling through social media when a post caught my eye. I hardly ever use social media. Right now I wish I hadn't.

I clicked on it,not believing my eyes. I read the news that was posted about a month ago.

"Travis malifeci and Elaine Coleman get engaged today"it also came with a picture of both of them wrapped in each other's arms.

I couldn't believe it.

That's why he went AWOL on me?.. he lied...to me?. He loves me but he's engaged to someone else?.

I..I don't understand...he's engaged. He's engaged, probably married by now.

My shoulders slumped as a wave of overwhelming sadness filled me.I broke down in uncontrollable tears. I covered my mouth with my hands to muffle my sobs.

I felt betrayed,crushed. I felt let down. I give  love a try and i get slapped in the face by reality. I knew he was too good to be true.

I can't believe Travis did this to me!. I shouldn't have believed him.....I shouldn't have let him in.

I shouldn't have fallen for him. That's the worse part.

I actually....love him. I love him. I freaking love him!.

********Thanks for reading 😊 vote and comment your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you

😘