Sleepover Pt. 7: Finally Getting Help

A/N: Back to Grace's POV!! TEHEHE.

Enjoy, loves!

~•~

☆GRACE'S POV:

"Hey, princess! It's great to hear from you!" came Captain Theo's voice from the other end of the line and I chuckled at his enthusiasm. "You almost missed our monthly check-in!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw John raise an eyebrow, but he said nothing.

'...m'kay.'

"Hey, Captain." I greeted him softly, feeling more drained than I had ever been. "I wish I could say that this was a social call or even a check-in call, but something happened over here and we need help." I told him straight up, hoping my voice doesn't show any trace of the meltdown I just had.

Fuck. I was still wrapped around John's waist.

'He's so warm. And cozy.'

"Shit. Talk to me, Grace. What happened?" Theo demanded and I smiled at his concern.

'That's my Theo.'

"I'm sure you know that Bertinelli was let out two weeks ago." I started hesitantly and Theo hummed over the line, but I cut him off before he could say anything, "Well, earlier this morning, we were jumped by a couple of his flying monkeys and within the last hour or so, Bertinelli left me another little present." I summed up with a calm demeanor, trying to keep my emotions out of it.

What can I say? Getting attacked is a normal Tuesday for me now.

"Shit, Grace. I heard about Bertinelli's release and I meant to tell you, but I got swamped with work down here at the station."

I felt John tense under me, but I paid it no attention.

"It's okay, Theo. But we need some men down here to check out the area. He's threatened not only me, but my friends as well." I informed him and I saw John smile genuinely. I rolled my eyes at him, already regretting saying that.

"Friends? The Grace I know doesn't have any friends." Theo chuckled from the other end of the phone and I felt John's hands clench around my waist as if he was stopping himself from saying anything.

'Theo, please don't piss off the boy whose lap I am currently sitting in. In all honesty, he could probably kick your ass.'

I, on the other hand, scoffed at Theo's attempt at a joke.

One thing to note is that Theo is an adult, only because of his age. It has absolutely nothing to do with his maturity levels.

"Not the time, Theo." I retorted with an eye roll, though I knew he couldn't see it. "He knows where I live, he knows who my friends are and he's made it very clear how easily he can kill me. This is urgent business and I need some of your officers down here to figure out how to proceed." I replied bluntly.

I think it was safe to say that I was unamused at that point.

"Okay, okay. I'm on it." Theo replied, his voice similar to a grumble, and I quirked a brow. "Are your grandparents home?" Theo inquired and I shook my head.

"No. They're on a business trip until the end of October." I informed him as I ran a  hand through my hair in frustration.

Theo let out a sigh of relief. 

"Good. Don't tell them what's going on." I felt my brows scrunch in confusion and I noticed John's had done the same. "We don't want them to worry if this whole thing ends tomorrow or the day after." He explained after I was silent for a moment, not really feeling too comfortable with keeping from them.