For The Love Of Ice Cream

"It does not take a blasted forty-five minutes to get ice cream." I grumbled, unamused by Ben and Gray taking such a bloody long time to get the ice cream and haul arse back here.

I think John and I both knew what the guys were up to. They one-hundred percent were trying to set me and John up.

They're not as slick as they like to imagine.

And so, John and I were watching TV on the couch, cuddled up with Coop while waiting for those idiots to come back. By that time, it had been an hour since they left and was currently five o'clock. I was beginning to get hungry.

"You texted them, right?" I asked John and he nodded, confirming. I left out a huff and blew my hair out of my face.

"Then where the bloody hell are they?" I muttered to myself as I turned up the volume on the TV. I decided to skip that episode of The Arrow  since it had to do with Laurel and Laurel can go somewhere where Oliver isn't, 'kay?

"Of course Laurel is there." I heard John mutter from my left, beside Coop who was squashed in the middle of John and myself. I raised a surprised eyebrow.

"You hate her too?" I questioned, amused by his reaction. He gave me a look.

"Who doesn't?" He replied rhetorically and I shrugged.

"The people who ship her and Oliver." 

John rolled his eyes at my remark. "Ugh. Don't make a vomit." I chuckled, amused.

'You don't have to tell me twice.'

"Wow. I wouldn't have thought you'd be this...reactive towards her." I declared with grin. He raised his eyebrow.

"And why would you think that?" He asked. It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"She's a 'spunky' and 'badass', beautiful woman. What's not to like?" I mocked and John shook his head adamantly.

"Well, I find her annoying and whiney." He muttered lowly and I laughed.

"Same here, mate." I replied, skipping to the next episode. Right as the theme tune played and Oliver's monologue popped up, Tweedle Twat and Tweedle Twatier busted through the door.

'Bloody hell, they're loud.'

"Honey, we're home!" I heard Gray shout and I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. Both of the guys came into my view holding several grocery bags. Gray wore a satisfied smirk.

'And here we go.'

"Well look at what we have here." Gray said smugly and I raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

"Two people and a dog watching TV?" I guessed in a mocking tone. Gray rolled his eyes, but the smirk didn't leave his face.

"Sure, Gracie. Sure." He replied and I gave him the bird in response.

"What took you two so long?" John spoke up. Gray simply shrugged, the bags following the motion.

"Ben didn't know how to open the freezer." was his simple response which was followed by a hiss. I assumed Ben kicked him and I snorted.

"You two may be stupid, but you're not that stupid." Grayson glared at me and I smiled innocently at him. 

John sighed. "Well, your idiocy doesn't matter now. At least you got the food." John stated and stood up. I nodded in agreement and rubbed Coop's ears. I smiled when he grinned up at me. 

I forgot how soft his fur was.

"What time is it?" I asked as I gently pushed Coop off of me and began to stand.