A Staredown With The Coppers

"She did what?" Gray asked incredulously while standing in the kitchen, raiding my pantry no doubt, and I rubbed my temples, my head pounding like a fucking jackhammer.

"Your mum gave me a choice. I either live with your family or I go to my safe house and have John with me." I reiterated tiredly as I sat hunched over on the couch in the living. "I just told you this."

'Apparently, he's a lot thicker in the head than I thought.'

"Yes, well, excuse me for being shocked that my ma would willingly let a young, somewhat impressionable teenage girl live with her delinquent teen nephew." Gray replied sarcastically, but then let out a yelp as John threw a pillow at him from across the room. 

"Shut up, Gray." He retorted, making Gray roll his eyes in response.

"What are you going to do?" Ben inquired and I looked up at him while steepling my hands by my mouth.

'Fuck if I know.'

"Either way, you guys are already involved." I started with a sigh then looked at John. "What do you want to do?" I asked, wanting to know if he'd be comfortable or not with moving in with me for a bit.

"I don't care as long as I can watch over you to make sure you're safe." He replied with a small shrug, though I could see a fire in his eyes that told me he would try his hardest to do just that.

I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness. "Okay, slow your roll, Oliver Queen." I said sarcastically and then stood up with a deep exhale.

'Why do I get this inkling that this isn't going to end well?'

"I'd rather keep this contained, so if John's fine with it..." I began hesitantly as I looked him directly in the eyes, "then I'd prefer John move in with me in the alternate house." I then braced myself for his reaction, not really knowing what to expect.

Instead of being weirded out or something similar to that, John's brown eyes sparkled mischievously as he gave me a sly smirk.

'This can't be good-'

"Moving in with each other? Already?" He teased. "I didn't take you for a forward girl." He drawled and I rolled my eyes.

'Oh, for fucks sake.'

"Sod off, John." I retorted tiredly as I rubbed my temples.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the front door. Coop began to bark loudly as he shot straight towards the door and I covered my ears at the volume.

"Cooper!" I shouted to get his attention. He stopped barking immediately and instead looked up at me innocently. My heart melted at his adorableness.

"Lower the volume, okay mate?" I told him and he nodded before sprinting to the front door. I chuckled as I followed him.

"Wait, Grace!" John called out, making me pause and turn around to look at him with a quirked brow. "Be careful. It might not be who we think it is." I rolled my eyes at his 'warning'.

'I'm not a total twat, you idiot.'

I turned back around as I replied snarkily, "Thank you for that information, Wilson." and continued to the door. I finished, my tone still snarky, "But we have a peephole for a reason."

After I reached the door, I looked through the peephole and saw two police officers. I recognized them and opened the door for them.

Cooper growled when he saw them which surprised the hell out of me considering Coop is not a violent and hostile dog.