Explanations Are In Order

Hold on, hold on! Mate, let me explain before you start calling the cops and freaking out!

Now, starting at the beginning, Ray Condor is my friend and mentor. My thirty-year-old boxing instructor and ex-WWE fighter mate is actually the one who taught me to fight about two years ago. And ever since, I've been the best fighter in The Ring.

I'm so humble, I know.

The Ring is a boxing ring in the city. I say yes to fights and go there to kick some arse. Since I'm the best fighter and have never been beaten, people want to defeat me so that they can get the title and recognition of being the best.

Remember when I told you that I'm a loner by choice? This is kind of why.

I've pissed already very unstable people off by beating them over and over and over again. Turns out, not many people like getting their arses kicked by a teenage girl.

 In addition to being unstable and sore-losers, these people are also very powerful and brazen. They give no fucks as to who is hurt, as long as someone loses an ear or an eye.

So, if I get close to people, to anyone, the enemies I've made could use them against me in a futile attempt to hurt me or to get me to back down. The thing is, I don't back down easily.

Now, as you can guess, I try not to make it a habit to involve people in my shit. For good reason, I might add.

I keep my distance to make sure that innocent people don't get hurt. My fighting is a secret. And Scarlett and Dane's, but they knew what they were getting into. (I'll explain who they are later.)

So...it's kind of like Fight Club.

Now, hopefully, you are less confused.

Continuing with the story, after Ray's and my conversation, I made a very healthy dinner of dino nuggies, tea, and apples.

I'm aware that I have the pallet of a five-year-old. Piss off.

Before I settled down on the couch, I fed Coop and gave him more water. As I stood by the backdoor where Coop's bowls are, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just like when I was at mum's grave. 

'What the...?'

Now, the backdoor itself has a large rectangle of glass in the middle so looking outside at the backyard and porch is quite easy.

As a shudder ran through my body, I felt compelled to check outside. Just to make sure. I switched on the porch lights to find...nothing. There was nothing outside; just grass and dirt.

My eyes narrowed in suspicion, but I didn't press the matter.

'I'm not investigating that shit. This isn't some horror movie.'

But...just to be safe, I double-checked to make sure the door was locked.

After that freaky moment, I decided to shrug it off watch some Netflix while snuggled up with Coop on the couch. I plopped myself down and dipped my dino nugget in some ranch before eating the whole thing.

Oddly enough, during another episode of Supernatural, at around nine o'clock, I got a text from an unknown number.

'Odd. Who could that be?' 

I opened the text wearily, not sure just exactly who would be on the other line.

Unknown:

10:01 p.m.: Hey Grace. This is Johnathan, Ben's and Gray's cousin. We were wanting to ask if you wanted to eat lunch w/ us tomorrow.