Satan's Personal Lap Dog

As I raced down the street, my head continued to swim, but it was manageable. I mean, I still had the indistinct urge to vomit, but I shoved it down as I took a turn onto Carol Lane.

'Don't you just love to feel like you want to vomit?'

'...'

'Yeah, I didn't think so.'

"Son of a bitch." I hissed under my breath as my vision swirled uncomfortably while I increased my speed so that I could get this whole ordeal over with.

As I took another left turn, I heard Scar's voice ask over the intercom system in my ear, "Grace? You okay?"

Everyone insisted that, for my safety, there should be a direct line of contact between them and myself and blah, blah, blah.

(Even though the entire area would be surrounded by police cruisers.)

'No, Scar, I'm not alright. I'm tempted to pull over just so that I can empty my guts out on the side of the street.'

I gritted my teeth as I replied, "Yeah. That drink from the dance just fucked me up badly."

"You sure you're okay to do this? I don't want you dying at the wheel before we take this fucker down." Scar continued to mutter like the mother hen she is and I rolled my eyes at her dramatics, but not mad at her in the slightest.

"Yes, mum." I mocked as I shifted lanes smoothly. "I'm fine."

And let me tell you, people on the other side of the continent could feel her eye roll.

"Don't get smart with me, young lady. Or I'll ground you." She responded, her tone just as mocking as mine, causing a smile to appear on my face.

Thank God I had Scar in my ear. It felt nice to know I wasn't alone. But that didn't help my nerves at all. I swear, the only time I stopped gripping the steering wheel was when I pulled into the dirt track.

'Fuck. I'm going to have to pretend to drive this thing.'

That meant I was going to have to do donuts.

...

"Shit." I groaned quietly, not wanting Scar to hear me.

I took a deep breath in and out, trying to calm myself down.

'Focus, dumbass. This is for mum.'

Oddly enough, it only just hit me in the moment.

I was finally going to get the bastard that ruined my life, the son of a bitch that killed my mum, the psycho that took my family from me. 

The list of his offenses goes on and on endlessly. 

And while I was terrified out of my fucking mind, I also knew that I had no choice. I didn't come this far to just give up and run home with my tail in between my knees.

I swallowed thickly as my heart continued to race uncomfortably in my chest.

'Okay then. Let's get this bastard and show him just who has more to lose. A man who just regained his freedom or a girl who doesn't give two shits whether she dies or not?'

And so, with a newfound sense of hope and strength, I revved the engine once more as a determined smirk took over my face.

"You good, Grace? You went silent for a moment." Scar muttered curiously over the line and my smirk widened.

"Yeah." I replied confidently as I set my head straight ahead of me. "I think it's time to end this." 

"That's my girl." Scar declared proudly and I let out a laugh as I finally got onto the street with the dirt track. As I pulled into the planned meeting area which was a secluded place about five minutes outside of town, I went over the plan in my head.