What's This? Physical Affection?

After eating breakfast with the guys (which is not something I ever thought I would say) and Ben and Gray went outside to play with Coop, I began to feel myself becoming on edge.

John had a look in his eye that made me both curious and nervous. What he wanted to talk about, I didn't know. I really didn't want to hear his whole monologue about how he felt bad for me and how he empathized with my situation and blah blah blah.

Did I mention I hate pity?

Yes? Okay. No need to say it all again then.

Now apparently, while I was doing laundry, John had sent Ben and Gray outside because he wanted to speak to me in private.

Oh, dear.

"Hey," He began hesitantly as he took a tiny step towards me while I was folding my towels. "How are you...doing?" He asked cautiously, almost nervously, and I gave him a confused look.

"With what?" I inquired, perplexed.

'Where is this going?'

"With what happened last night." He explained and my mouth formed an 'o' shape.

"Ah. That." I swallowed thickly, thinking he meant Bertinelli's welcome home gift. "I-I'm fine." I stated calmly as I put all the towels in a pile and began to fold my shirts.

Truth be told, I felt anything, but fine. But I didn't want to tell him that or else he'd want to talk about my feelings and that's just a big nope for me.

I hate feelings and I hate talking about them. End of story.

"You sure?" John questioned and I gave him a small smile, though I knew he could tell it was fake. 

"Yeah. I mean," I sighed as I folded one of my dad's sweatshirts from his college years, "Bertinelli threatening me isn't a new occurrence for me so I got over the initial shock after a good-" John then cut me off before I could continue.

"No no. Not that." He said with a shake of his head as he leaned down to help me fold my t-shirts, making a smile cross my face.

'Cute.'

"I was talking about your...nightmare."

I froze. The clothes I was holding fell out of my grasp.

'Fuck.'

"Wait. I had a nightmare last night?" I asked, my voice sounding shaky as my heart began to race as a gripping fear hit me like a crash of waves.

John's eyes widened as he saw the way I reacted to hearing him telling me that. "Yeah. It was like midnight when you began to scream about random things." He stated, his voice betraying his concern.

My heart hurt as I remembered the fear I felt.

But that's all I could remember.

 Suddenly, I remembered scraps of what happened:

~•~

 " Running.

John. Gray. Ben.

Bertinelli.

A knife.

John.

He stabbed me.

They hated me.

My heart broke. "