Mother Hens And Chicken Nuggies

Before leaving, I made sure to tell Doug that I was okay and that the crash was my own fault. I didn't want to explain the whole Burnt Feet situation. 

Did Doug believe me?

Absolutely not. But did I care?

Nope.

So he and I are both predictable. Yay.

Anyway, after making sure Doug was satisfied with my lie, I went home with the guys while Scar left so that she could hack into the FBI servers.

"I'm perfectly fine, you mother hens." I muttered as the guys kept coming back and forth from around the house, trying to get things that would 'help' me.

Instead, all they'd done was accidentally pour tea down my shirt, hit my head with my frying pan because they wanted to make grilled cheeses for dinner, and broke the TV remote which I was going to have to replace.

'You know, I could go for some chicken nuggets right now.'

"You were in a car accident, Grace." John pointed out as he draped a blanket over me. "You could have a concussion or worse. So just shut up and let us take care of you." 

I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness, but was too wiped out to protest.

'Ass.'

"Whatever you say, John." I mumbled tiredly as I snuggled myself further into my blanket, feeling cozy. I vaguely heard John chuckle from beside me on the couch, but I ignored him.

'He can piss off for all I care.'

After a moment of silence with a random Disney movie playing in the background, I asked, "You want to be helpful?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw John nod. "Then tell your idiotic, moronic arse of a cousin TO SHUT THE HELL UP WITH THE RACKET." I raised my voice to shout at Gray who was in the kitchen, attempting to make me a grilled cheese.

Attempting and failing.

The next thing I heard was the sound of a pot falling to the ground and I rolled my eyes.

'Dear God-'

"Exhibit A." I voiced sarcastically and there was another clanging in reply.

'Stop! I don't need a crack in my fucking floor.'

"Fucking hell." I grumbled frustratedly. I turned to Ben and asked him, "Doesn't your brother have an off switch?" Exasperation seeping into my tone as I looked at the smarter brother of the two who was sitting on the loveseat with Cooper on the floor beside him. He shook his head as he petted Coop's ears affectionately.

"If there was, I would have flipped it a long time ago." Ben replied with a small grin on his face and I returned the expression. Then, I winced at the soreness in my neck and shrunk back into the couch.

'Bloody hell.'

"The next time I see those bastards, I'm going remove their heads from their bodies using only Coop's claws." I growled under my breath as I clenched my fists, pissed off.

As much as it looked like the two men cheated, they hadn't considering they hadn't tampered with my car.

Hell, they could have killed me right then and there and they would have faced no consequences. Well, they would have had to deal with Scar's fist, but I mean, come on. No offense to Scar, but all they would have had to do was clock her in the face and she would've been down for the count.

My training can only do so much.

"Are you sure you're okay?" John asked me for what felt like the thousandth time that night and I rolled my eyes, giving him a dismissive hand gesture.