A Hair Fetish

"Idiot, idiot, idiot, IDIOT." I muttered to myself angrily as I paced my room after John had left to go settle in. After our fucking heart-to-heart, I awkwardly told him that he should go settle in while I tried to process what just happened.

Not that I said that last part aloud. There are just some things...some things Johnny boy doesn't need to know.

Because I had done the one thing I wanted to avoid doing since I was thirteen; I formed an attachment. An fucking attachment so strong that I just spilled my guts to John, a boy I hadn't known for even a month.

Fuck. Me.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I continued to mutter, feeling an array of emotions. "Spilling my guts to a goddamn stranger."

Sadness, guilt, anger, worry.

All the negative emotions came crashing into my soul as John held me while I had...what was that...the fourth? breakdown in two days? Fifth?

I have no bloody clue.

And yet, through all the darkness, there was a glimmer of hope. My heart felt lighter after letting everything out to John.

Although I wasn't much of a fan of him biting me like damn crisp-clip.

'What the fuck was I thinking? What am I even doing??' 

I took a deep breath and had to force myself to, for once in my life, focus on the good.

Which, let me tell you, was damn hard. All my brain wanted to do was think about the negative; Bertinelli wanting to kill me and my friends, my burdening John with all my shit...

Sorry, what was I saying? Oh, the positive shit.

'John hasn't gone running to the hills like Scooby-Doo incarnate, my grandparents are staying in Vancouver for an extra few weeks, Captain Theo is on Bertinelli's case. Things aren't perfect, but I can safely say I'd rather be in this position instead of being Barry Allen.'

...

'Wait-'

I paused my pacing, only to mumble to myself, "You twat."

I then let out a deep exhale to clear my mind.

It didn't.

What? I can't help it! I'm a pessimist at heart. It's just easier to focus on the bad instead of the good. 

Weird thing was, John made me want to look on the bright side.

'How can one person change my outlook this much??' I wondered to myself incredulously as I let out an exasperated sigh. I then looked over to my bed to see Cooper smiling widely at me.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked him snarkily. His response was a simple small bark. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head. "Very helpful." I replied sarcastically. Coop barked at me once more and I simply flipped him off.

What? I was in a pissy mood.

"Welp. What do I do now?" I wondered aloud to no one in particular. 

For a moment, there was silence. 

Then, I responded, "Thanks so much for the help."

My sarcasm wasn't appreciated by Coop who barked sharply at me. I simply waved my hand absentmindedly.

"Yeah, yeah." I said with an eye roll as I walked over to my window. After a moment of silent contemplation, I decided to go see John. 

What? It was purely to go check that he was okay. And not...drowning in the tub.