A Kiss by Grace ft. John's Thoughts

A/N: Another John's POV :))))

Hehehehe.

ENJOY LOVESS!

~•~

♤JOHN'S POV:

"I've got you." Grace's words calm me more than anything has in a long time as she holds me to her.

Jesus, this girl.

I don't remember how it started, but as I slept alone in the room across from Grace's, a nightmare invaded my mind like a poison that was trying to kill me. As the nightmare continued and I watched the people I love most die, I barely heard it, but the sound of female singing started to draw me away from the horror happening in my subconscious.

Consequently, I wake up sluggishly to a familiar voice that continued to sing.

It was Grace. Her voice was raspy and thick from sleep, but regardless, it caused a warm feeling to wash over me as I slowly came 'round.

"Grace." I whisper brokenly against her soft neck as my heart continues to pound in my ears.

'She's here. She's okay. They're both okay.'

The sickening nightmare continues to echo in my mind like a hammer being repeatedly struck against a wall and I cinch my eyes shut even tighter.

'Fuck.' I silently groan to myself. 'I thought I was done with these.'

Nightmares are nothing new to me and I've had them for years, but I thought I got over them already.

'Fuck, man.'

Grace softly shushes me, still rubbing my back and humming softly. "It's okay. I'm here." She says comfortingly and my body relaxes a little bit more.

After a few moments of her just holding me in silence as my breathing regulates, I decide I owe her an explanation. 

"I dreamt about my family." I whisper almost too soft for even myself to hear. But she doesn't react like I thought she would; she simply continues to hold me like a parent would her child.

'Nope. I'm not making a daddy joke. It's not the time or the fucking place.'

"You don't have to say anything, John." Grace murmurs softly in my ear, but I shake my head.

"I want to tell you." I find myself saying gruffly.

And I mean it.

She's told me so much about herself, she's trusted me with so much, and despite all the bravado, I know she cares so much. She deserves to know, I decide silently to myself. 

I want to let her in. I'm going to let her in.

'I can't believe I'm doing this.'

And for a moment, words don't come out of my mouth. I don't know where to begin. "I told you that I'm no stranger to panic attacks." I start hesitantly, my head still in the crook of her neck.

'Jesus my voice is rough.'

Grace hums and nods, fluffing my hair comfortingly.

"Well, I was six when my dad died from a brain tumor. So my mom was my guardian until she died while giving birth to Thea, my baby sis, who is my half-sister." I feel Grace stiffen, but she doesn't say anything and lets me continue, "When Thea was just a newborn, the both of us were sent to live with our aunt and uncle, Ben and Gray's parents." I say to her, my throat threatening to close up.