Don't Touch The Hood. Just . . . Don't.

Now, I'm sure most of you would think that a high-speed car chase going down a busy city street at eight o'clock at night while your mates (the friend kind, not werewolves) follow after you in cars as they wear Halloween costumes, is fun.

Well, when you're actually following a swarm of gang members and a backstabbing, lying, crooked copper, it's no longer as fun.

Especially when the man who killed your mum is behind it all.

And when one of your lads is shouting from the passenger window, "I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE DIRTY, SANSON. YOU SON OF A BITCH. I'M GOING TO SHOVE YOUR BADGE SO FAR UP-"

...

Yeah...Oddly specific, I'm aware. But if you have any hope of understanding that...scenario...then keep listening because I assure you, it only gets worse from there.

~•~

TWO MONTHS AGO:

Picture this: it's a Monday morning, your body is heavy from lack of sleep, and you're currently in the middle of a bizarre dream about tap-dancing cats. Then, all of a sudden...

BAM.

You're awoken by the sound of loud, punk rock drums and electric guitar.

If you can imagine that, congrats! You know exactly how I woke up on the worst day of the week, not to mention the most draining week I had experienced in a long time.

To give you a better perspective, the song being blasted at full volume that Monday was Greenlight by 5 Seconds of Summer, one of my favorite bands. I can't say that I was mad though, considering the guitar riff was sick.

However, the lyrics weren't as savory:

'Give me the greenlight

We could have all night

if you just say the words'

Yep. I want to hear about a teenage boy wanting to bang some chick at five in the morning. It's my favorite way to pass the time.

Now, like any normal, sane, human being, my first thought as I was jolted awake by pop punk at the butt-ass crack of dawn, was, and I quote, 'Bloody fucking hell-'

My brows scrunched together as I flinched my body as far away from the noise as possible. The noise left me disoriented as I forced my eyes to stay closed.

"What the fu-" I croaked, my voice breaking at the lack of speech. My tone was gravely, even to my own ears.

I wrenched my eyes open in order to look at my apparent fuzzy clock on my bedside table and to my dismay, the time read 5:45 in a bright neon red font. I groaned and plopped my head back on my pillow as I realized that it was a school day. I had to resist the urge to throw my blankets back over my face.

'Yes. Who needs sleep anymore?' I sarcastically thought to myself as I slowly tossed my covers off of my legs.

"I just want to stay in bed. Is that too much to ask for?" I muttered grouchily, trying to pry my eyes open once more.

After barely reopening my eyes, I sluggishly sat up like a mummy arising from its slumber. As my brain continued to slowly wake itself up, I heard a sharp, bright bark, alerting me to the fact that I wasn't alone. I looked to the foot of my bed to see my two-year-old German Shepherd, Cooper, smiling widely at me. My mood lifted instantaneously when my eyes met my best mate's, his smile infectious as all hell.