Sleepover Pt. 6: Our Special Moment From Hell

A/N: HEHEHEHE IT'S ANOTHER JOHN'S POV HEHEHEHE

Enjoy, loves!

~•~

JOHN'S POV:

She pulls her hair as she begins to pace.

"Everywhere I go, he finds me. There's nowhere I can go without him finding me." She rambles and I hear all of the pain and torment in her voice.

"God fucking dammit, he's taken everything from me!" She yells as she hits her desk with her fist. My eyes widen in surprise at the force. "I'm so tired of this shit, John." Her voice breaks as she faces me with the most broken expression that I've ever seen on anyone. "I-I'm so tired." She slides down the side of the wall and buried her face in her arms.

"I'm so sorry mum." I hear her whisper brokenly. "I'm so sorry."

'Fuck, Grace.'

I open my mouth to say something, but words get caught in my throat. I look back at the present Bertinelli left for Grace and clench my fist in anger.

'I want to tear that bastard apart bit by bit until all that's left-'

I take a deep breath to calm myself down. Me getting angry isn't going to help the situation. 

But I'm just so angry, I'm about to hit a wall.

'Go comfort her, you idiot.' My brain scolds. I decide to follow its instructions and I slowly walk over to her. I don't hear her crying, but I can feel her trying to hold it in.

'My strong Grace.'

I feel my heart soften.

I bend down on my knees and pull her arms away from her breathtaking face. Her eyes are closed and I can tell how exhausted she is. 

"Grace?" I speak up, hesitantly. She doesn't reply and simply stays silent, not acknowledging that I spoke to her. "Can I hug you?" She freezes for a moment, as if not believing what I just asked. 

I let her think about it for a moment before I ask again, "Can I?"

And almost imperceptibly, she nods, seeming to give in.

So I take that as a yes and I make a move to gently take her arms and wrap them around my neck. She stiffens as if she hasn't been hugged in a while, and my heart breaks even more than I thought was possible.

"Grace." I murmur, trying to get her attention. She shakes her out of its faze and immediately hugs me back, burying her face in my neck.

'Fuck, why does she smells so good? Like cinnamon and apples.'

There is nothing this girl could do that would chase me away. She likes to pretend that she doesn't like us, but her façade is quite easy to see through. She actually likes us. Knowing that helped me see that she was putting up an act when she was telling us to leave. 

She was trying to protect us.

Which is simultaneously both heartwarming and idiotic.

'She's shaking so badly.'

"I've got you, darling." I mumble as I stroke her back up and down. Her heart is racing and I need it to calm down so she doesn't have another panic attack.

Two in one day is not a good idea.

"I've got you. It's okay, darling." I repeat, trying to soothe her.

Fuck, she's trembling.

"H-he's ne-never going to leave m-me alone, John." She stutters, her voice filled with so much heartbreak and pain. God, how I wish I could fix this for her.

I won't lie and say, 'Oh I'm sure he will.' Because that's complete bullshit.

From everything that I've heard about Bertinelli, he is relentless and remorseless. He stalks his prey until it either drops dead from exhaustion from running for so long or until he catches his prey.

And if Grace's mom screwed him over as much as she says she did, then as far as Bertinelli is concerned, her fate is sealed.

'This whole situation is so fucked up.'

I decided to stay silent as I comfort Grace because I know that the last thing she would want, would be pity. She is independent and wants to come off as strong and hardass. She doesn't want nor need anyone's pity.

After a moment of her trying to calm her breathing, Grace spoke up.

"I-I need to call the Captain and let him know what's...h-happened." She states, her voice less shaky than before. 

'Who's the Captain?' I wonder to myself silently, but I nod nonetheless and begin to retract, but she pulls me closer, not wanting me to go.

"I'm not going anywhere, darling." I murmur, trying to reassure her. As I rub her back, I continue, "I'm just going to go get my phone and some tissues. Okay?" She shakes her head.

It's obvious she hasn't had physical affection in a while and that fact breaks my heart. So I decide I'm not going to let her go.

Ever.

I stand up, against all her growls of protest, and wrap her legs around my waist like a monkey.

'God, I'm so whipped and that's how it's going to stay.'

With the position that we were in, her warm body was pressed up against mine, and fuck me for enjoying the comfortableness I felt.

I slowly walk over to her desk and pull out the tissue box from her top drawer.

I then walk over to the bed and picked up my phone to text the guys. I let them know the situation, then shut my phone off and sit on the bed, Grace still wrapped around me. I look over and see Grace's phone on the nightstand. I oh so carefully lean over and grab the phone.

During this entire time, Grace was still huddled in the crook of my neck.

And bruh, she feels so soft, yet hard at the same time. Her body is firm from all the training she's done as Argenta, but even though she's toned, she's also very soft. Especially when she relaxed her body.

'Stop. Thinking. About. Her. Body.'

God, I'm such a perv.

Anyway, I cradle Grace in my arms for a moment longer, before slowly pulling away and giving her phone to her. She avoids my eyes by looking at her lap and twiddling her thumbs. Her gorgeous jet-black hair creates a curtain around her face so I can't see her expression, but I can tell that she's beating herself up for revealing so much about herself to me and that is the exact opposite of what I wanted to happen. 

Before I can say anything, the guys busted into the room.

"Okay. What the actual hell is going on?" Grayson asks incredulously and I roll my eyes at my idiotic cousin. I jerk my head towards the note and dead bird.

"Bertinelli left Grace a present." I state coldly before taking a strand of Grace's hair and tucking it gently behind her ear. Grace still looked at her lap, but I notice the tiny shiver that runs through her body. 

I smile, hoping that is a good sign and not a negative reaction.

'She'd tell me if she was uncomfortable, right?'

"Holy crap, he did a number on the window." Ben blurts and Grace chuckles softly. She then sits up straight and takes her phone. She opens it and then types in a number which she then calls. As it dialed, she puts it on speakerphone.

"Hey, princess! It's great to hear from you!" comes a male voice on the other end.

The fuck?