Elle . . . Elsa. Same Difference.

Soon, it was lunchtime and I was hungry. 

So, after the bell rang, I walked out of my Alegbra II class during third period and made my way to the lunchroom where I grabbed a plain cheeseburger with a fruit cup, chocolate milk, and a cookie.

Imma be real with you. The food at my school doesn't suck complete ass. I mean, it isn't my first choice, but it could one-hundred percent be worse. Like fish and chips at my old school. Spoiler: it tasted the way you'd imagine mothballs would taste; stale, old, and disgustingly furry.

Don't ask.

But that's a different story. 

Anyway, deciding it wasn't worth it to try to climb up the tree with a tray of food, my book, and my phone, I instead just plopped myself down on the ground and had a little picnic in the grass by the base of the tree while continuing The Odyssey. With a sigh of content, the breeze blowing through my hair, I felt a small smile creep onto my lips at the peace I felt.

'The guys probably already forgot about meeting me. Now, I can have a peaceful lu-'

"Hey Grace!"

'Son of a bloody hell.'

A grimace crossed my face as I recognized the then familiar voice. With a subtle frown on my face, I looked up from my book and saw the three spawns of Satan looking at me, all wearing large smiles though Grayson's looked more like a smirk. Well, maybe the spawns of Eobard Thawne would be more apt since these guys all seem shifty as hell.

I groaned in response and buried my face in my book's pages.

"And here I was hoping you'd forgotten about this." I mumbled under my breath, wanting to curl up in a ball and avoid this whole situation.

Evidently, Ben heard me and chuckled at my mutterings. "How could we forget a lunch date with a girl who seems to hate everyone and everything?" He asked, causing me to raise my head to get a better look at him. I rolled my eyes at him and his dramatics, knowing he could see my expression.

"Firstly, it's not a date." I started brashly and then him a glare. He put his hands up as a gesture for me to continue, so I did. "And secondly, I don't hate everything. Or everyone." I added offhandedly. "Just...specific people." I clarified, my voice turning dark as I shifted my gaze from Ben to Elle in all her mini-skirt glory that was an eighth of a centimeter away from showing her arsecheek. 

In my peripheral, I saw the guys follow my gaze.

"Why don't you speak up?" Johnathan asked suddenly, causing my head to snap in his direction. I gave him a confused look as I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

'The fuck is he talking about?'

"Defend yourself, I mean." He corrected, noticing my furrowed brows. "Against Elsa. I mean, you've got the spunk and a sharp tongue to." I bit my tongue to stop the snort rising in my chest.

'Did he just call Elle Bitri 'Elsa'? That is singlehandedly the most amazing thing anyone has ever said regarding her. Including anything her parents have ever said.'

"Um...thanks?" It came out more like a question than anything because I couldn't tell whether it was a backhanded compliment or not, but I decided to go with it.

He simply chuckled in response and made a move to say something, but Grayson beat him to it by piping up, "We can help you."

I looked at him incredulously, not really believing either of them understood what they were saying.