Sleepover Pt. 5: The Warning

After our totally epic pillow fight, it was about ten-fifteen at night and the guys and I decided we should probably go to sleep.

I gave the guys some extra toothbrushes that my grandparents have in case of emergency and let them use one of the guest bedroom's bathroom so that they could get ready for bed. While they were washing up, gave them all some of my grandad's spare clothes and went around the house, making sure all of the doors and windows were locked. 

When I got back to my room, what I saw on the bed very nearly stopped my heart. 

My window was broken and on my bed was a brick with a dead Robin attached to it, with a note in its little talons.

'No.'

I sucked in a sharp breath as my stomach dropped and my body froze.

I knew what it symbolized.

I knew who it was from.

But I didn't want to admit it to myself.

Because if I did, that would mean that I would be back at square one.

I would have to give up my new friends, I would have to move, I would have to start my life all over again so that I could be free from the devil himself.

'No, no, no, no, no.'

I gulped loudly while trying to calm down my breathing which was beginning to become unhealthily fast.

'Oh, God. Oh, God.'

With a shaky breath, I slowly walked over to my bed. Trembling, I swallowed again as I took the note from the poor animal's feet. I let out a gasp as I unfolded the note and read it:

You know how the saying goes, "Kill two birds with one stone."? 

Well, I've already got one and it would be so easy to get the other

Right. Now.

If I were you, baby Harrison, I would think about that the next time you try to get my guys in trouble.

Have a lovely evening with your friends, Cami.

Love, Berti

'...'

'Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.' 

My heart stopped.

I couldn't move.

I couldn't think.

I couldn't breathe.

He'd found me.

He'd found where I live.

He knew who my friends were.

Oh God.

I-I didn't know what to do.

'What do I do? What CAN I do? Fuck, this isn't good.'

My breathing became ragged and my head began to hurt.

Fuck.

My mind began to race with how I was going to handle this.

'The first thing I need to do is get the guys out of here and get them to safety. And I need to warn my grandparents.'

Bertinelli knew where we lived. Which meant they were in just as much danger as me.