One Big Happy Hellhole

"What. The. Hell."

'You have got to be shitting me.'

I looked up to see two annoyingly familiar boys.

'This can't be happening.'

I let out a groan of annoyance at my fucking poor luck and banged my head on the counter.

"Join the party why don't you?" I muttered, not really caring anymore that people were just waltzing into my home.

At this point, I had absolutely no clue what to do. I could tell that the jig was up. And even if Grayson and Ben hadn't walked in as I was explaining my life story to John, I knew John was going to tell them in private.

'They're family. It would be foolish of me to assume that they'd keep any secrets. Especially my own.' I rolled my eyes discreetly. 'Trusting people only ever lands me in the bin.'

"Gr-grace. What's happening?" Ben stuttered from the doorway. Gray stood next to him, stiff as a board.

'Bloody brilliant.'

I let out a sigh.

"Grace you don't-" John began, but I cut him off with an apathetic hand gesture.

"Might as well tell them now." I said tiredly before adding under my breath, "They were going to find out from you anyway." I went to the fridge and got out two cokes.

I held them toward Ben and Gray. "Want some?" I offered. Both shook their heads.

"N-no thank you." Ben stuttered. I shrugged and put them back after taking out some creamer. I put some creamer in my tea.

There was an awkward silence in the kitchen for a moment as I stirred my tea.

After another moment of silence, Gray spoke up. "Okay. Someone like to tell me what the hell is going on?" Grayson blurted, his tone voicing his confusion. I bit my lip harshly, trying to think about what to say.

In that moment, I had two options: tell them the truth or come up with a spectacular lie. I could easily do both, but I had a feeling of what I had to do.

And so, with a sigh, I nodded my head.

'Settle down and I'll elucidate what goes on Halloween night.'

I had to. I just had to.

"Might as well." I stated exasperatedly as I took a sip of my drink. "Where do you want me to begin?"

'I've been found out.'

The realization chilled me to the core.

I then thought for a moment. 

'Maybe now they'll leave me alone. And since they know how dangerous I am, they won't even think about trying to rat me out.'

Hey! I know how awful that sounds. Believe me. I know. But that's just what was going through my mind.

You have to understand I don't trust anyone.

Ever.

There are only two people I am ever willing to trust: Ray and Dean. Those are the only people who I would trust with my life one-hundred times over. And I have. Those two twits have saved my life more times than I care to admit. They are my family. End of story.

This trio of twats, however...

At the time, they didn't pose any threats to me and I knew for a fact that the thought of ratting me out would never even THINK to cross their minds. Unless of course, they had a death wish. Harsh, I know. Believe me.

I know how horrible of a person I was. I'm still working on being a better person to this day.

I kick myself for all the horrible decisions I've made over the course of my life. But this is not the time for a pity party. I'm just letting you guys know what my thought process was during this whole...situation.

Mess would be a more apt description, but I digress.

Continuing with the story, Grayson gave me a look after I told the guys to ask away.

"What do you mean 'your old name' and why did you have to change your name and who was following you? Also, what happened to you, John? You're twenty minutes late to your game! Coach is pissed." Grayson rapid-fired questions. 

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion as I looked at John whose cheeks were light pink by that point.

'Game? What game?'

"What game?" I inquired confusedly and then turned to Gray and quirked a brow. "And how did you know John would be here?" I asked, amused at John's reaction to my question. His ears reddened, but he covered it well with a smirk.

"I texted Gray that I was with you. Why else, Grace?" He retorted smugly.

I rolled my eyes at his insinuation. "Piss off, Johnny." I mocked and he let out a low grow.

"Never call me that again. Ever." He groaned. I paused, looking him in the eyes to see his face in a pinched expression.

"Why?" I asked him, confused.

'What's wrong with it? It's just a nickname.'

"He finds the nickname embarrassing." Gray piped up from the bar.

"Shut up." John hissed, reaching over the bar to smack Gray upside the head.

A grin threatened to take over my face when I realized I had blackmail material.

What can I say? Messing with people is fun.

"Please just don't call me that." John pleaded at me, making me smirk.

"Oh yeah, tough guy? Make me." I taunted with a smug grin resting my hands on my countertop. "We both know I can easily have you on your arse in under fifteen seconds so I wouldn't advise it." I continued.

Suddenly, John's eye darkened and a smirk crossed his face. "I like the sound of that."

I rolled my eyes to cover my cheeks heating up and let out a brittle laugh. When he didn't laugh as well, my jaw dropped.

'Holy sugar snaps. This guy is being serious.' I was stunned. My heart started to race for some inexplicable reason. 'If I have a heart attack, I know exactly who I'm haunting when I'm dead.'

"If you two lovebirds wouldn't mind holding off on the flirting in order to tell us WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, that would be much appreciated." Grayson interrupted snarkily. His comment caused me to snap out of the staring contest John and I had gotten into.

I shook my head out of its daze and faced Gray.

"How about for once in your life, Gray, you shut up and let others talk?" I suggested and kept my tone just as snarky as his. Gray glared while Ben laughed at my snippy retort. I heard John chuckle behind me. "Now," I began and turned to John, "Do you want to start or do you want me to?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

In hindsight, I should have just kept my trap shut. That would have been the smart move. I, to this day, still don't know what possessed me to tell these three idiotic, moronic, dollop heads my wacky and crazy life story.

Omg, I'm so quirky.

Holy fuck, that physically hurt me to say. Jesus.

Anywho, in response to my question, John shrugged. "Your life, your story." 

I wanted to harrumph, but I decided against it.

"How considerate." I muttered sarcastically with an eye roll. John shrugged, drumming his fingers on my counter absentmindedly.

"I try to be." He replied innocently, making me roll my eyes.

'Idiot.'

And with that last thought, I began my story.