I Hate My Friends

"Is she okay? She's not dead, right?"

"No, Ben. She's not dead. If she was dead, she wouldn't be fucking breathing."

"Shut up, Gray!"

"No, you shut up, Ben!"

"No, you!"

"NO, YOU!"

"NO-"

"Don't start this shit, you two."

'Dear, God. What's the hell is going on?'

I tried to pry my eyes open, but they were too heavy and I was way too tired.

At least, I was. Until the Salvatore brothers started their little spat and woke me up like fucking roosters.

They continued to chatter in the background despite John's mutterings while I attempted to lift my head.

Key word: attempted.

It ended up with pain and stiffness radiating from my neck and I immediately began to backtrack, not wanting to make it worse.

'Yeah, not going to happen.'

With my eyes still shut tight, I let out a hiss and quit moving instantly, "Ah fuck, mate." I groggily lifted my arm to clutch at my neck when I felt the pain intensify.

'Son of a bitch, that doesn't feel nice at all.'

"Thank fuck, you're alive." I vaguely heard Gray blurt. "It was really starting to get boring in here."

John then let out a low growl. "Boring? You find this boring?" He grumbled incredulously. "You won't be so bored when I punch your-"

'Dear God, make it stop.'

I cut John off by hissing, "Can you please stop shouting?"

'The sounds are making my blasted headache worse.'

"I'm not-" John then took note of his volume and lowered his voice, "shouting." I would have rolled my eyes, but if I had, they probably would have stayed up in my skull.

'Is this what being hungover feels like?'

Suddenly, I heard the sound of angry footsteps and then, a door slammed shut loudly in the background to my right.

"Where is she?" I heard Scar shout from the background and I winced at the volume.

'Christ.'

"Why the hell are you here?" Gray asked snippily and I could practically feel Scar's eye roll.

"Fuck off, Dollar General version of Bryce Hall. She's more my friend than yours." Scar retorted snarkily and I heard shuffling as her voice got louder which indicated her coming closer to me.

"You little-" Gray began, but I cut him off by groaning.

"I swear to God if you two don't shut up, I'm going to come over there and strangle both of you myself with Scar's jumper cables." I rasped, not bothering to fake my accent as I finally opened my eyes.

I blinked rapidly, wanting to get a clear view of my surroundings since the world was a little blurry, and I was greeted by the sight of Scar hunching over me worriedly, Grayson glaring at the back of Scar's head, and Ben and John standing by the wall watching the scene in front of them unfold.

"What...?" I trailed off and then winced at the pain in the back of my throat. "What happened?" I continued, my voice still rough and my eyes fluttering of their own accord.