Chapter 29

.

"You met Medusa?"

That was the first thing JC said when Rhett opened the door to welcome him in.

Rhett huffs a laugh: "Her name was Kim Minji."

JC nods: "Yup! That's Medusa."

Rhett follows the man as he comfortably makes his way into the house and towards the kitchen: "You know her?"

JC, who brought a bottle of wine with him, started rummaging through the cabinets, looking for wine glasses like it's his house: "Kinda. She's very famous in the business world. I've heard and seen the aftermath of her trials. It's brutal."

Rhett sees him struggling and opens the cabinet that contains the glasses for him: "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

JC nods his thanks to Rhett before taking out three glasses and washing them: "If she's on our side, then hell yeah it's a good thing!"

Rhett: "You called her Medusa.."

JC turns to wink at Rhett: "Where is the birthday boy?"

Rhett points to the study and they find the sick man leaning over the stack of papers left behind and squinting his eyes to try to figure out the gibberish written on the contract.

JC holds his hands up, one carrying an extensive wine while the other one holds three glasses: "Birthday time!"

Link responds without taking his eyes off of the paper in front of him: "Help us figure this out first."

JC puts the stuff in his hand down then yanks the paper from Links hand and the slim man shouts in protest: "Hey!"

JC frowns at him: "Later.. Now we celebrate!"

Link stares at him as he moves the papers to the side and sets the glasses properly on the table: "You know I can't drink, right?"

JC smirks at him as he opens the bottle and pours them all a drink: "I called GregGreg. He said you can have two glasses today."

Rhett sits next to Link: "You called Greg?"

JC hands them the glasses: "Yeah! He's a nice guy."

Link frowns at him as he sniffs the glass handed to him: "You willingly call him 'GregGreg'?"

JC sips his wine then smiles: "I think it's cute."

Rhett turns to look at Link: "It seems like your streak of attracting weirdos is still going."

Link looks offended: "You picked this one!"

JC laughs as he leans back to look at the duo: "'This one' fits with y'all because we're all weird."

After drinking their wine and spending an hour with JC's good company, Link was finally able to get the answers he wanted to hear.

JC read the contracts and confirmed that they were legit and well written. He also agreed to work with the 'She-devil' as the official law firm that will handle the company business. Rhett stared at his sulking partner and sighed loudly: "What?"

Link: "I didn't say anything!"

Rhett: "Your.." he gestures at Link from top to bottom, ".. is screaming disapproval."

Link groans: "I don't like it."

JC: "Which part? The part where you get to keep your home or the part where our company gets full support from the most powerful law firm in the world?"

Happiness is a MythOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara