Chapter 51

.

"I told you she would like it!"

Link leans on the kitchen counter, waiting for the hot water to finish boiling and glares at the phone: "It was my idea. You just helped me get there.."

The woman on the phone stopped what she was doing to narrow her eyes at Link: "You still owe me a date for helping you out! A deal is a deal!"

Link sighs again and picks up the phone to look at his friend properly: "Stefy, I said I will ask but that doesn't mean he will say yes.."

Lady Gaga brings the phone closer to glare at him: "I want the big one."

Link rubs his face in frustration: "His name is Dax, not 'the big one'."

Stefani smiles sweetly at him: "Yes, Dax!"

A week ago, Link found himself wanting to plan a gift for Gabby but didn't know who to ask for help when it comes to things like this. He couldn't ask Micheal since the man was Gabby's arch nemesis. He couldn't ask Rhett.. He already feels guilty dating someone so soon after his wife died and even though he knows that his friend supports him, it didn't feel right getting him involved either.

Besides, he needed a woman's advice. He didn't have many of those around. So when Stefani called to check up on him, he found himself asking for her help. He did not hesitate sharing this private matter with her for all the amazing things she did for him while he was in the hospital. She sent food for the kids, visited them and even sent him photos and videos of activities she planned and did for them while he was bed ridden.

He didn't ask for her help but she willingly gave it. Loyal, dependable friends are hard to come by and he truly appreciates her.

A small smile graced his face as he listened to her talk about his giant bodyguard. She really liked him and he could guess that he might be part of the reason why she kept coming back to visit.

He noticed something for the first time in almost an hour long video call and blinked his eyes a few times to make sure that he's seeing what he's seeing: "Why is your face blue?"

Stefani stops and huffs a laugh: "You just noticed? I've been painting it blue since we started this call!"

Link's eyebrow rises: "Yeah.. why?"

Stefani: "I got a role in that thing we talked about.. Remember?"

Link blinks a few times, trying to remember.. Nothing came to mind.

Stefani sighs: "The thing that I'm not supposed to tell anybody about but I told you and you promised to come to the premiere.."

Link gasps: "YEAH! Yeah.. THE thing.. Right!"

Stefani points a finger at him: "You better tell your agent from now because I will not accept any excuse if you do not escort me there!"

Link smirks at her: "Do you want me to escort you or 'the giant one'?"

Gabby enters the kitchen and steps behind Link, wrapping her arms around his waist and placing a gentle kiss on the nape of his neck. She whispers to him: "Good morning, who's 'the giant one'?"

Stefani stops putting blue paint on her face to smile at Gabby: "Good morning!"

Gabby has never truly interacted with any of Link's friends other than passing pleasantries. She always busied herself with securing the area rather than mingling. She didn't know how to do small talk and left all the socializing to Link. Her boyfriend is lucky that she's not the jealous type.