Chapter 3

.

Stevie jumps into action and grabs the closest blanket to cover his nose: "Shit!"

Rhett frowns and feels a little bit guilty for what he said. People can't fake nose bleeds like that. He hesitates for a few minutes, trying to understand the situation. When he gets closer to check it out, he finds himself being shoved out of the way as David passes by him, carrying towels and ice: "Tip your head forward so you don't swallow the blood.."

David covers the ice with a towel and places it at the bridge of Link's nose. He shares a worried look with Stevie before he moves and sits behind the wavering man: "Don't pass out. Just breath. The ice will stop the bleeding soon."

Link responses in a breathy voice: "I don't.. I don't feel so good."

Stevie rubs his shoulder to ground him: "Just relax.. I'm going to call Pasley and he will have you sorted out in no time."

She spares Rhett a look on her way out. He was clearly freaking out, hugging himself and staring in disbelief at Link. She doesn't have time to deal with him now so she rushes out to find their Art Director and resident medic.

Pasley ran after Stevie, carrying the extended first aid kit. He didn't get much from her frantic explanation but he did not expect the scene to be so bloody. Link was leaning heavily on David who was sitting behind him and helping him hold a bloody towel to his nose. There were glass bits everywhere and for a moment, he thought he might have walked in on a fight gone wrong. He kneeled before the bleeding man and asked: "How long has he been bleeding?"

David responded: "Almost 7 minutes."

Pasley frowns and gently grabs the towel covering Link's face to see if it stopped. Link blinks slowly at him as more drops of blood traveled past his face and into his soaked shirt. Pasley grabs his chin and leans down to look up his nose and into his eyes: "Link, how are you feeling?"

Link blinks a few times before he responds: "Dizzy.."

Pasley grabs a fresh gauze and puts it at Link's nose. He instructs David to hold it when Link's shaky hand couldn't grab it up properly.

He checks Links pulse and pressure then looks at Stevie: "Call 911."

She was surprised: "Really? Can't we just take him to the hospital?"

Pasley turns back to check the bleeding: "No. Call 911."

She does as she's told and after a few silent minutes, two big men enter the office, carrying a stretcher with them.

The shorter one checks Link's vitals while the other asks many questions that are answered by one of the crew. The taller medic tips Links head back and speaks directly to him: "Mr. Neal, I'm going to put a special nasal sponge in your nose to help stop the bleeding. It might be a little bit cold so don't be alarmed."

Link lethargically nods. The shorter medic looks worriedly at Link and asks: "How did this start?"

Stevie steps up: "He fainted while getting up. When he regained consciousness, he just started bleeding."

The shorted medic frowns: "Did he hit his head?"

Stevie: "No. I caught him before he hit the ground."

Pasley asks: "What's up with all the glass?"

Rhett answers with a low voice: "I threw a glass cup at the wall in anger."

One of the medics reaches over to pull Link's shirt to the side to stick heart monitor pads on his chest. The bleeding man flinched and frantically pushed the medic's hand away: "No!"