Chapter 30

.

Things have finally returned to an acceptable rhythm.

Rhett and Link felt more free after the FBI loosened their reigns on them. Gabby's two week notice ended and she took control of the security of the duo while Dax handled security in the Mythical Company.

The big guy even installed a secret door behind the studio so Rhett and Link can come and go as they please without facing the media that seems to be permanently stationed outside. Gabby worked hard to listen to Link's wishes even if he never asked her directly for anything. She made sure that he can do the things he used to enjoy before the report was released while keeping him safe. She took him grocery shopping, she escorted him to Shepherd's games and practice and even made sure he walks outside every now and then so he doesn't feel cooped up.

The more Link tried to shy away from the spotlight, the more people got obsessed with him. They returned to shooting GMM episodes but not on a daily basis. Some days, Link would feel normal and they would follow the schedule planned by the writers, and sometimes he would tap out and they always have a backup plan to fill in. Everyone wanted a piece of the action and Link was glad that they cultivated enough friendship in the entertainment industry to not worry about who's hosting the episodes on their behalf.

As long as everyone is happy, he doesn't mind taking his time to rest and recover.

.

It's been 2 months since Link took ownership of the neighborhood. He still doesn't know what to do with the houses he now owns. Rhett had many ideas but Link still feels like he doesn't deserve them, so he's ignoring it for now. Dax took the house right next door, securing it as a headquarter for the security team while Gabby opted to stay in the main house, wanting to be as close as possible to Link and his family for security reasons.

Link tried to subtly suggest that Rhett moves out to one of the bigger houses in the neighborhood but the big guy refused to even listen to his suggestion. He didn't have the heart to argue with his best friend so he let it slide for now. Locke and Shepherd's attachment to him was getting strong and he was worried that that might be an issue in the future.

Link lets out a loud sigh, as he lays in bed on a Monday morning, trying to convince himself to get up. He had a full schedule today and a 'special meeting' JC set up with their new agent. The trans-man didn't say much about who they're meeting but Link saw the fond smile on JC's face when he mentioned them. He/she must be an old friend.

Link can hear people starting to move around in the house and knows that everyone must be waking up and getting ready for breakfast. Rhett has been pulling his weight in the household, making breakfast every morning, teaching Lily how to drive and even helping the kids with their homework when Link is not up for it. He truly appreciated the effort and the fact that he didn't have to ask for it.

Link pulled his phone from the charger and smiled when he saw the message left by Micheal. Every morning, Eponym leaves a message with a funny joke or a video to brighten Link's day. It alway made the sick man laugh. Today, Micheal sent a video of a corgi trying to jump into a coach and failing miserably. Link laughs quietly and whispers: "Good morning, Micheal."

Eponym: "How are you feeling today, my angel?"

Link sighs: "Good."

Eponym: "You don't sound sure."

Link rubs his forehead, feeling heavy and tired even though he hasn't even gotten out of bed: "I guess it's going to be 'one of those days'."

Eponym: "Why don't you stay in today?"