Chapter 39

.

Link sighs as he found himself once again standing in his kitchen, brewing the crap water tea Greg makes him drink every two days. He sometimes wonders if drinking this actually matters in the grand scheme of things or it's just Greg's way of exerting dominance over his recovery progress. Whatever the reason is, he still loathed the taste of this drink and can't wait for the day he stops drinking it.

Someone steps into his personal space while he leans on the counter, waiting for the water to boil, and he instinctively flinches away. Greg, who seems vexed for some reason, slams a file with papers in it in front of Link then crosses his arm, glaring up at the tall sick man: "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Link was confused: "What? I'm drinking this crap tea! What more do you want from me?"

Greg steps back, glaring at Link while assessing his body from top to bottom. That seems to trigger Link's insecurities as he tightens the rope he has on even though he's wearing sweats underneath.

Greg: "You're back in the red zone."

Link: "Is that supposed to mean something to me?"

That seems to provoke the nurse: "You've lost weight! Dr. Sandy wants to stop the treatment again if you don't shape up and gain some back on!"

Link sighs loudly. He's so tired of this subject: "You're boring me, Greg. You're playing the same old song over and over again."

Greg grabs the folder and spreads out the papers that seem to have red numbers in some tests: "This is not a joke! We need to fix this problem as soon as possible or Dr. Sandy will recommend that you be admitted to the hospital for a while."

Link glares at the nurse: "Don't be over dramatic. I'm fine."

Greg grabs the empty cup from Link's hand to prepare the tea himself in a fit of frustration: "Linkypoo, you know that body chemistry is tricky. Especially for a person in your condition. I know you've been through stuff in the past.. year. But, we need to work on this or it will turn into a bigger problem."

Link accepts the prepared tea from the worried nurse: "I'm trying.."

Greg pats his shoulder: "I know. I just need you to try a little bit harder for me. I will make some adjustments to your schedule and Josh agreed to help prepare some of your meals since I want to introduce more protein supplements and carb-based meals into your diet."

Link glares at Greg: "Josh has been spending too much time in this house since he moved to the neighborhood. For the love of God, do not enable him!"

Greg smirked evilly at Link: "You made your bed, now you must lay in it.."

Link huffs under his breath: "I hate you so much.."

A knock diverts both their attention to the entrance of the kitchen where Locke was standing awkwardly: "Uncle Link, are you busy?"

Link gathers the papers scattered at the table and pushes it at Greg's chest: "Nope. We're done here. He's leaving."

Greg gives Link a flying kiss on his way out: "I'll see you at our lunch date in two hours, Linkypoo."

Link does a gagging motion which makes Locke chuckle.

Link eyes the nervous boy as he sips the yucky tea: "What's up?"

The boy wrings his hands, avoiding eye contact: "So.. remember when you told me to make friends with the basketball team?"

Link: "Yeah?"