Chapter 26

.

Link missed this feeling..

That calm moment when the warm sun hits your face while the wet grass underneath cools you down.

He was laying on the ground, in his front yard, with his eyes closed as he heard Rhett and Stevie join him on either side. He truly wanted to do this for a while now.. He missed this feeling..

Rhett turns his head to look at his friend: "Do you feel better now?"

Link nods, eyes still closed as a gentle smile graces his face: "I missed the sun, the air and the smell of a fresh cut grass.."

Stevie turns to stare at Link too: "I haven't done this in a long time. I missed laying outside too."

Link opens his eyes to smile at her: "You start missing things when you convince yourself that you can't do them anymore."

Rhett: "I didn't expect this odd turn of events.. But how about we finish our Ear Biscuits out here?"

Link: "I would like that.."

Stevie went inside to get the stack of images they left behind and hands it to Rhett who leans his head on his hand while facing his friend: "We debated over how we're going to reveal these to you while shotgun planning this podcast but I think Chase did a good job in summing up the focal points of our new found popularity. I will start with our social media: we have broken the record of the most followed on twitter and instagram. As you know, we also hold the record of most subscribers on YouTube and our OCD song is now the most viewed video in that platform's history."

Link nods his head, assuming as much from what his kids have been talking about in the past few months.

Rhett takes out a photo and shows it to Link: "Your Oatmeal dance, which Eponym leaked, became the new hot dance that everyone is doing on Tik Tok."

Link laughs: "I have so many weird dances on instagram, why fixate on this one?"

Rhett shrugs: "I don't know.."

Stavie lays back down on Link's other side after securing the mic pole and turns to look at him: "Probably because it's genuine. You didn't know someone was recording you which made it look more cute.."

Link turns to glare at her: "I resent being called cute!"

She laughs at him: "Then buckle up, because we're about to shower you with how much the world thinks you're cute.."

After a few minutes of showing Link images, articles, gossip pieces and songs written about him, the sick man found himself speechless.

Rhett smirks at him: "It's like the world just discovered you, even though we've been talking everyday, nonstop, for the past 6 years.."

Link whispers: "It baffles me why anyone would find me that amusing after the crap we pulled on GMM."

Stevie reaches over and fixes his robe when she notices the sick man shivering a little: "Any publicity is good publicity, right?"

Rhett: "We never imagined we would be this famous before.. I mean.. Drake name dropped you in a no.1 hit song, man! That's gotta be a dream come true!"

Link rubs his face then sits up to look down at his tall friend: "To what end? How is that a dream come true when I don't feel like I earned it."

Rhett sits up too: "Does it matter how we got it? We've been creating clean content for many years, we paid our dues!"