Chapter 58

.

It's been 5 weeks since the incident and Link was getting better in leaps and bounds. His ribs have healed, his surgery scar has scraped over, leaving behind a small scar and the only thing left was the cast on his arm. According to the doctor, the break was nasty and he still has a long way to go in that aspect when it comes to his progress.

Otherwise, he was enjoying Michael's company alongside the people occupying this house. Sam follows him everywhere he goes and he's been over the moon over how affectionate and sweet the lion is. He would sleep next to him in bed at night, sniff his food before he eats to make sure it's fine, sit next to him wherever he sits and listen to Link when he babbles on about anything and everything.

Michael's friends were so nice to him.

Meraz would get him yummy food from outside. Zan would give him a one sided hug every time he's close which seems to freak everyone else out and amuse Link. The killer would let Link teach him games and lose miserably every single time.

What made him happy the most was being with Michael every waking hour. The man was relentless with his attachment to Link and serving to his every need. Link thought he would be bored with him by now but time only seems to make them grow more attached to one another.

It made Link happy but he knew that this cannot continue forever. He belonged to the real world, where his kids and friends are.. where Michael cannot go.

He just woke up, feeling the giant lion laying next to him, waiting patiently for him to get up. His mind was occupied with the tough decisions he had to take soon. Link rubs the sleep from his face and says: "We have to go home."

The lion nods its head, fully understanding how hard this is going to be for the sick man.

Link pats Sam's head: "You'll come with me?"

He receives another nod from the white lion.

Link: "It won't be easy out there for either of us.."

Sam shifts its head so Link's hand would land on his front paw. He understood and was ready for the challenge.

Link sighs loudly: "I wish I was as confident as you.."

He stood up and went to the bathroom while Sam waited outside the door. He looked at his long hair and tried to tie half of it up in a vain attempt to look presentable. They walked afterward to the kitchen where they normally find Michael waiting with breakfast but today he was not there.

Link got curious. He looks at Sam and asks: "Can you track Michael's scent?"

Sam grabs Link's loose shirt that he borrowed from Michael and gently drags him towards the operation room.

Michael showed him this room but it was inactive at that time.

This time around, it was alive and Michael was sitting in the middle of it.

This is one of the places Michael uses when he communicates with the world. Link didn't ask too many questions back then because deep down, he didn't want to know how Michael delivers his illegal reports. But now..

He enters silently, watching Michael as he sits in the middle of it all. He was addressing the nation, talking about finding those who wronged him and making them pay.

Part of Link wanted to stop him and another part was curious if he even had the right to.

He slowly walks closer to Michael and sees the wide smile on his face as he finally notices his presence.