Chapter 15

.

The days went by as Link returned to juggling work, social life and the kids.

They shot the comeback video, which was a short video addressing the current standing of GMM. The moment they posted about it, people floored them with comments and news covered it. Link sat with Rhett as it aired, a little bit nervous since it was different than what they're used to. This time, the whole world is watching and it was not a typical GMM fun episode. It was a statement.

"

The screen fades in, showing a closeup of Link's face as he looks stoically at the camera. He takes a deep breath and says:

"Good Mythical Morning.

Mythical Beasts, let me start by apologizing for this interruption in your usual daily routine. Just like you, we never predicted such an event but I promise you, we will resume posting episodes daily in a week.

People of the world, we would like to welcome you to our channel and hope you like watching two grown men eat weird stuff and try unconventional things cuz honestly, that's basically what we do."

The camera starts to zoom out, showing the outfit Eponym picked for Link. It fits perfectly on his slim body and Link hated the fact that it was comfortable and oddly warm.

"In our world of mythicality, we like to take every resentful comment and uncalled name-calling and turn it into thin slices of hate-filled meat, which we then set out under the rays of our creative sun to make crispy hater jerky that fuels our motivation to make more content for years to come.

Jerky lasts forever and so is our resolve."

As the camera continues to show more of the set, Link appears to be sitting on a throne of people wearing white clothes. They were the Mythical Crew fit together like acrobats to create a big throne for Link to sit on like a king.

"Listen to me, Michael.

I am no one's door mat and I answer to no one but God.

I, Charles Link Neal the 3rd, will not be manipulated."

He leans back on the struggling people he's sitting on and smirks when he hears them groan.

"You may buy me gifts and call me pretty names but that does not make me a saint. I am flawed like the rest of us and when someone crosses me, I retaliate the only way I know."

He leans in to whisper: "The Mythical way.."

The camera finally shows a full view of Link sitting on a mountain of people stacked on each other to make his throne.

"My mother taught me that if you make a mistake then it's your job to fix it. The Mythical Crew have taken it upon themselves to devise their own punishment for disrespecting our working space. For a whole month after we return to posting daily, the Mythical Beasts will get a chance to vote over a select option of punishments written by the crew for application in GMMore. As the greedy, tight-ass boss.. I naturally agreed."

Link's expression turns sour: "Michael took it upon himself to give me this ridiculously expensive get up and as a thank you, we will be auctioning it off with the proceeds going to select charities that fight against cyber bullying and help elevate mental illnesses."

Link winks at the camera: "Michael, since you have so much money to spend, let me help you find the right way to do it."

Link sighs happily and leans back as more people under him start to slip and groan.

He finally cracks when he hears Eddy cursing and says as he starts laughing: "This is the beginning of a cluster of stupid ideas our crew came up with.."

He wiggles in place, testing their stability: "This has got to be the sweatiest chair I've ever sat on and I've been on Rhett's lap.."

His last comment was it. The formation broke as the crew started laughing uncontrollably and they all ended up in a heap of gasping and groaning humans.

This part was not planned. It felt so organic and natural that the rest of the crew couldn't help but join the laughter.

Rhett steps into the camera shot and gently pulls Link out of the pile of humans so he doesn't hurt himself and turns to smirk at the camera: "Thank you for liking, commenting and subscribing. See you next week."

Then then runs and jumps on the people struggling to untangle themselves. Link hasn't laughed as hard as he has at the moment. It felt so good to let loose and be in his element. More crew members dived in as Link watched them happily. This was his family. He will love them even if they never love him back.

"

Eponym smiles happily as he watches the episode air with the rest of the world. He thought that he would be angry at Link for publicly speaking his name, but coming from him.. It felt right..

He takes a sip of his warm coffee and looks at the monitor that has a view of Link nervously bouncing his leg as he finished watching the episode air.

Rhett turns to glare at Link: "Stop fidgeting!"

Link sighs loudly as he leans back on their office couch: "I'm so nervous! What if he gets mad? Who knows how he will retaliate!"

Gabby moves to sit on Link's other side: "You did good. You created boundaries."

Link sighs: "Stalkers don't understand that word.."

His phone pings and he shakily takes it out.

Eponym: "You looked good in that outfit. I told you it would fit."

Link whispers: "That's all you got to say?"

Eponym's laughter emanates from Link's phone: "You sure know how to stir a boiling pot, Charles. People are going wild online."

Link rubs his face: "I'm not allowed to read comments.."

Eponym: "I agree. Leave the clean up to me. You did good."

Link sits up, staring at his phone: "I thought you would be mad.."

Eponym smiles as he watches the nervous man: "Why would I be mad?"

Link scratches his neck: "I said your name and I'm giving away your gift."

Eponym: "My name is yours to use as you see fit. Anyone else is not worthy. As for the gift.. If an angel decides to share his blessings, then who am I to disagree. I actually feel proud. Thank you, Charles."

Link blinks in confusion: "Are you high?"

Eponym cracks up laughing: "Man, everything you do makes me happy. Now I have to be more creative with my gifts to match your creative ways of using them. Never change, my angel."

The line goes dead and Link continues to stare at the phone.

Rhett scoffs: "What a weirdo.."

Gabby crosses her arms: "That was.. unexpected."

Link glares at her: "Boundaries my ass.."

She laughs awkwardly: "At least you tried.."

Link groans as he reaches for more paperwork laying all around the office. Just like everything happening in his life, every time he thinks he's about done with a pile, more shows up to take its place.