Chapter 40

.

Locke was deeply hurt.

He didn't know that a father figure like Link could betray him so easily and without any reason. It took a long time for things to return to normal after his mother died and once he finally thought that all was well in the world, the person who saved them when they needed someone to lean on the most just pulled the rug from under his feet.

He felt tears of frustration roll down his cheeks and he wiped them off angrily.

He almost fell out of the bed when a voice, clear as day, said his name: "Locke McLaughlin, you need to know the truth."

Locke felt fear seize his body. He looked around his room frantically, looking for the source of the voice: "Who's this? What's going on?"

Micheal sighs, clearly not in the mood to handle this teenager with kid gloves: "You know who I am. Now answer me! Do you want to know the truth?"

Locke was scared. He knew Eponym's voice like the back of his hand. Everyone in the world can recognize that man's voice in a heartbeat!

Locke stuttered, inching further away from his phone: "What.. what do you want?"

He knew that Eponym spared no one if provoked. He would take down governments and public figures within minutes. If he wanted to end Locke's existence, he could do it without any remorse or hesitation.

Micheal: "Unlike the other two, I'm giving you the choice. It's not pretty but it's the truth. Do you want to know why Charles acted the way he did?"

Locke nods: "Yes."

Micheal: "Do you take full responsibility for all the information I'm about to share with you?"

Locke: "Yes."

Micheal: "If you utter a word about what you're about to discover to anyone else, I will end you."

Locke swallows hard, but he knows that at this point there is no turning back: "I understand. I promise I won't tell anyone."

Micheal: "Very well. Go to the study room, take your phone with you and wait for further instructions."

Locke did as he was told and found his father and Gabby both sitting silently there, holding their phones and eyeing him with confusion.

Micheal's voice rings loudly from the TV in the study room, causing everyone present to jump a little in surprise: "Good, we're all here. I brought you all here to share the bitter truth of what happened to Charles in hopes to get your help."

Rhett: "You need our help?"

Micheal: "I don't need jack shit from the likes of you. You three have wronged my angel and I'm here to show you why you messed up. The only person you will be helping is him."

Gabby: "Why should we believe you?"

Micheal: "You know better than to question my ways, Miss. bodyguard."

Rhett cuts them off before this escalated to a verbal match: "Why is my son here?"

Micheal calmly said: "He chose to be here. Unlike you and Agent Gabriella, I gave him a choice, not a deal."

Locke speaks up: "I need to know, dad. Please.."

Rhatt sighs loudly and motions with his hand for Micheal to get on with it.

Micheal: "A while back, I discovered a group of people that operate in the dark web. Over the years they have created a circle of individuals with connections to people with influence. They've cultivated a sort of underground cult called "Abaddon". Their goal is to control everything and everyone and they're well known for using unsavory methods to get what they want."