Chapter 59

.

"Where are you taking me?"

Micheal was holding Link's shoulders, guiding him forward through what it seems like an underground area of some sort.

Link thought that Michael would be devastated the day he left his house but the man seems to be more excited about something he's been cooking up for a while. He refused to tell Link about it, claiming that it's a surprise that will "make it in the history books". Link was not impressed.

He was given fancy expensive white clothes to wear, groomed, blindfolded, taken through a long car ride then stealthy guided through God knows where towards what seems like a crowded underground tunnel.

There were so many people screaming and music blasted to the max volume. If Link would guess, he was in some sort of an underground club or a concert.

Michael refused to answer his question and just said: "Do you trust me?"

Link pouts when they finally stop: "I trust you but I don't like surprises.."

Michael laughs at how cute Link looks and leans in to whisper over the loud crowd: "You will love this one."

He takes Link's uncasted hand, places a few kisses on it then places it on something soft. Link recognized Sam's soft mane and felt a little bit at ease. His friend was with them and will protect him if anything happens.

Michael moves closer and embraces Link, whispering: "This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life: letting you go. But, I know that you don't just belong to me. I am always near. Just call my name and I will be next to you. I love you, Charles Link Neal. Unconditionally. Infinitely and until death do us apart. Keep your eyes closed. Sam is next to you so don't be scared."

He removes the blindfold then says: "Open your eyes when the ground stops moving."

He places one last sweet kiss on his cheek: "I'll see you again soon.. My love.."

Link couldn't help but reach out for him in instant longing. Half of his heart wanted to call it quits and just go back to Michael's home with him. He loved it there.. It broke his heart that he would ever consider leaving everything behind for a stranger like Michael.

The world suddenly was filled with silence and the ground under him moved like he was in an elevator just as Michael instructed. He felt a shiver run through his body as his hand clinched Sam's mane. He felt the lion next to him lean his body on his side to comfort him.

The moment the ground stopped moving, he opened his eyes. It was pitch black at first but he could sense that he was near a crowd.

Suddenly, the lights were switched on revealing a huge stadium filled with people.

So. Many. People!

And he was at the center of the stage in the middle. There were lights flashing behind him and he turned his head to look and saw a hologram of two giant wings floating behind his back.

Michael's message was epic: The angel is back!

Everyone was rendered speechless as the wings fluttered freely and magically behind Link a few times. The silence was broken when someone on stage walked closer to him, asking via the mic in evident shock: "Link? Link Neal?"

Link's head whipped around and he made eye contact with the person who owned the stage he just stole. It was Drake.

Before he could reply, the crowd erupted with cheers. The sheer loudness of their excited screams made Link flinch and step back in fear. He has never been on a stage with so many people watching before. The numbers could easily surpass the million and it made his heart almost leap out of his chest.