Chapter 24

.

Link sat in his bed, surrounded by papers from the plan JC gave him. The man was right, the more he read the more he loved this vision for the Mythical company. It respects their original values with so much room for growth. Link didn't have time to discuss JC's offer with Rhett but he couldn't help but agree to hiring the man. For better or worse, it will take so much responsibility off of Rhett's and his shoulders.

The room door bangs open, making the sick man jump in surprise as Rhett walks in, hauling camera and microphone equipment, followed by Stevie and Chase. Link sits up, jaw hanging open, not sure what the heck is going on.

Stevie dumps the stuff she's carrying and moves towards his side of the bed to lean down and hug him: "I missed you!"

Link pats her back awkwardly, still staring at the stuff they're setting up in his room: "What's all this?"

Rhett turns to say something then stops. His glares at Link after seeing all the papers splayed out on top of the bed: "What's all this?"

Link looks down at the bed: "JC's plan."

Rhett puts his hand on his waist, clearly not happy: "What happened to 'bed rest'?"

Link points innocently at the bed: "I am in bed."

Rhett huffs his frustration and marches over to aggressively collect the papers and put them aside. Link tries to stop him: "No. No. No! I have an organized system! You'll mess up the sequence."

Rhett rolls his eyes: "That's what you get for not listening to your doctor. Now sit still for a second until we get this shit set up."

Link looks worriedly at them as they finish setting up a few cameras and lights.

Chase puts a table tray on his lap and places a microphone on it while whispering: "I missed you too."

Link smiles warmly at him, still confused over what Rhett wants to do.

After a few minutes, Rhett sits on the bed next to him and Chase places another tray and microphone in front of him too.

Rhett reaches over and tries to fix Link's hair and the sick man smacks his hand away: "What's all this, Rhett?"

The bigger man smiles at him: "Baby steps."

Link frowns: "What?"

Stevie walks over and places a headphone on Link's head and hands another one to Rhett.

The bigger man smiles at the two behind the camera when Stevie gives him the thumbs up and Chase stands near the door to block anyone else from coming in.

Rhett turns to look at his confused friend: "Welcome to Ear Biscuits, a podcast where two lifelong friends talk about life for a long time. I'm Rhett."

Link stares at his friend in surprise: "Are you serious?"

Rhett smirks as he continues: "And the surprised voice you just heard is Link. Instead of sitting at the round table of dim lighting, we're actually sitting in Link's bed because he's not allowed to leave it for a while because he's sick."

Link reaches over and grabs Rhett's arm: "Rhett, what are you doing?"

Rhett turns to look seriously at him: "Link, do you remember what I told you a few days ago?"

Link's heart was beating a mile a minute. He wasn't sure what his friend was doing but the cameras.. The sudden setup was making him anxious: "What part?"