Chapter 37

.

Warning: This chapter contains a vague description of assault and attempted rape. If these topics trigger you, I would suggest you skip the paragraphs between the '*'.

.

Link felt uneasy..

The man who just entered the restroom gave him a look that made Link want to run away.. So he did.. Or at least attempted to.

He picked up his phone and walked as casually as possible towards the door, passing by the strange man on his way out. The man held his wrist and said in a low voice: "Mr. Neal, I don't think we had the pleasure of meeting this fine evening."

Link spared the door a look, feeling dread wash over him when he realized that this bathroom has double doors that are separated by a long hall to keep the noise out. Gabby was guarding the outdoors, not the one closest to him.

He clears his throat, squaring his shoulders and thanking everything that is holy that he's at least taller than the man grabbing his wrist: "Let go."

The man crowded Link's space, tightening his hold instead of complying: "You didn't seem to mind when that slut had you in her arms.. We can be friends too, you know."

Link stood his ground.

He will not let this deranged man get the upper hand: "I said.. Let go!"

He tried to push the man but somehow ended up on the ground.

*

It all happened in a span of a few minutes but if he had to describe it, it felt like a few seconds and forever at the same time.

The man got the upper hand, twisting him on his stomach and pinning Link on the restroom floor.

Link fought will all his might.

He tried to kick, squirm, shout and push his assailant with every ounce of power he possessed.

It didn't seem to make a difference.

The man was saying nasty things to him but he was too busy trying to free himself to pay attention to his repulsive words.

The whole world came to a sudden stop when the vile man's hand found it's way down his pants.

Link froze.

Of all the things he expected to happen tonight.. Or ever.. This was never on the table.

His ears started to ring as the pain of fighting the man's grip on him started to take a toll on him.

He never felt so helpless before.

Trapped and weak.

*

The ringing intensified until he felt the pressure on his legs disappear and someone pulled his pants up, grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a sitting position.

Link didn't know when he closed his eyes but he was too scared to open them.

He didn't want to see, hear or feel whatever is about to happen.

He didn't even know when he held his breath until the person who was grabbing his shoulders squeezed the nape of his neck and shouted loud enough for him to hear: "BREATHE!"

Link felt the air command its way into his lungs and he exhaled a pain filled sob.

This cannot be happening to him..