He's confusing me even more. My body was burning and I lost it, letting out what I wanted to say a long time ago.

"Listen, as dramatic as it sounds, I'm still hurt that you left me without telling me anything. It's been 9 years and I still couldn't forget the pain when I have been told that you left. Why? Why did you leave me, Jinyoung and Hae Na? We were best friends, the four of us, have you even considered our feelings before leaving?"

I inhaled, feeling my chest rise and fall and continued letting out my emotions.

"Also, for the millionth time, we are not lovers. Why are you taking care of me? Why are you so comfortable with me? Why are you so nice to me? Jinyoung, Hae Na and I have been friends for about 20 years and they never pack three meals for me. I appreciate your kindness, but I feel like you're leading me on, stop it."

He planted his hand onto mine, slightly squeezing my hands to calm me down, but I was still emotional. For some reasons, his hands were shaking.

"Pea— Ugh, I mean Y/N—"

I cut him off.

"Why are you doing things that makes my heart flutter?"

And silence engulfed the room after I said those, again I regretted spitting out words. I wanted so badly to dig a hole on the floor, jump inside and never come out again.

It was so embarrassing. What was I thinking? Then again, those words were from the bottom of my heart.

"Y/N?" He finally spoke up as I bit onto my bottom lip anxiously, feeling his hand disconnecting from mine.

"Should we date?"

What the fudge.

"..."

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I went speechless. The organ that kept my body functioning, also known as the heart, was beating rapidly, so fast that I couldn't even breathe properly.

"G-Goodnight."

I stood up, completely forgetting about my still broken ankle, causing me to fall. I closed my eyes, getting mentally prepared to feel the pain, but again, Jungkook caught me in his arms.

My eyes fluttered open and met his soft ones. Pushing him gently, I positioned myself on the wheelchair and wheeled myself to my bedroom, shutting the door behind.

I crawled onto the bed, feeling my breathing go abnormal. Placing my hand over my chest, I tried to calm myself down but of course, failed miserably.

He was just joking, right?

Jungkook's POV
"What was I thinking?"
I grabbed a fistful of my hair and ruffled it in annoyance after she went in to her room.

Clearing away my crazy thoughts, I went to her kitchen to collect the lunch boxes that I gave her this morning and head straight back to my unit.

I didn't know what to do. My brain was in a mess and my thoughts were super disorganised. After a few minutes of rolling around in bed, I sat up and dialled a number, hoping that she would answer.

"Hello?"

"Hae Na, can I come over?"

"Why? It's late."

"Are you going to sleep?"

"Not at all, come on up. The door's opened."

I ended the call and rushed upstairs to Hae Na's unit, heart still thumping in a crazy speed.

"What's wrong?" She gestured me to sit beside her on the sofa as he turned the TV on, revealing our Life Goes On MV, I chuckled.

"Hey, turn that off. It's awkward. Anyways, do girls like straightforward men?"
I jumped onto the sofa and folded my legs together, swaying my body as I couldn't sit still for a second.

She hummed and thought about it for a few moments before nodding a little.

"It's a yes from me, but it really depends on the girl. Everyone's different. Why? Are you seeing someone?"
Hae Na shot me a sneaky grin, I quickly denied.

"No!"

"Yup, you are seeing someone."

"I'm not. Well, can I tell you a secret?"
I whispered, loud enough for her to hear me.

She leaned in closer curiously and nodded.

"Actually, I think—"

Hae Na's apartment door flew open, interrupting me. We turned our heads to see Y/N sitting on her wheelchair panting heavily.

"Jungkook!" She furrowed her brows at me.

A loud gasp left my mouth when she wheeled herself to me and wrapped her fingers around my wrist, dragging me all the way out of Hae Na's apartment.

"Calm down, Y/N. What's wrong?"
I tried to hold her shoulders but she slapped my hand immediately, distancing herself from me.

"Stay there. We'll talk like this."
She said, leaving a two feet gap between us.

"What is it?"

She took a deep breath in before exhaling slowly and proceeded to shock me with her next words.

"Shall we date?"

To Be Continued

yayyy thanks for 200 reads lmao i know the story is getting weird and weirder but ITSOK it's a fanfic anything and everything can happen here :))))))