Continual Of Chapter 46

Start from the beginning

“ nothing will ever happen to you and the kids. Even when I’m not there just know that there are people who will always be watching over you and you might not see them but they will be there.”

“ you can trust me sicelo. I’ve got you baby. Whatever you need from me, I’ll be right here. ”

“ You don’t know how happy it makes me feel to hear you say that. ” I kiss her hand. “ are the kids not hungry or want to go to the toilet?. ”

“ they will wake up and tell us, don’t worry about them. They slept the whole way too when we went to Durban. ” she says. We drive and the more we get closer, the tense lesego gets. We are finally in Bethlehem almost five hours later. This place is far but for them I will drive down.

“ we are finally here. Direct me to your place, is it in the location? ” she nods. “ lesego, are you okay? ” she nods again. I know she’s not. “ tell me that you don’t want to go back to your house and I won’t take you there. ”

“ I have to. Can you drop us like around the corner. I don’t want them to see us getting off in this fancy car of yours. ”

“ Why? ” I wasn’t although I want to but dad would kill me for disrespecting another man’s house again.

“ please baby. It will just cause problems for me. ” she begs me. I drive around as she directs me to a garage and park there. Celeste’s car park too and wait?. Is that mbuso's car?. It must be frank cause he sometimes drives it. I look at lesego “ I’m going to ask Celeste to come in the car and she’s going to sit in the front and you’ll sit with the kids in the back. We are going to drop you off and make them think that we gave you ride back and Celeste is your friend. ” she keeps quiet.

“ And what will she be to you? ” I laugh. “ are you  feeling jealous baby?, you do remember that Celeste is a lesbian. ”

“ But they won’t know that she is? ” she’s sulking and it is cute. I pull her by her nape and kiss her. “ does it matter that they know baby? ”

“ No it doesn’t.  ” I kiss her again. “ then stop worrying about people who don’t give two cents about you and our kids. We are going to drop you off at the gate but firstly I want to wake the kids up and say goodbye.” She nods. I switch the engine off and we both get out of the car and open the back set doors and they yawn and wake up.

“ daddy are we already here? ” kagiso asks me

“ hey champ, don’t you want to go to the bathroom first? ” he shakes his head “ no dad. ” he says sadly. I look at kamo and lesego picks her up. “ I’m going to take her to the toilet. ”.

“ ok baby. ” I sit in the back seat with kagiso. He looks so sad. “ what’s wrong champ? ” I ask him.. He looks at me and I see that he wants to cry.

“ are you going to leave us and never come back too? ” I take a deep breath.

“ No champ I’m not. You are my kids and I’ll never leave you. I love you kagiso.” I wipe his tear drop. “ but you don’t live here with us and you are going back.”

“ That doesn’t mean that you will never see me again champ. ” his tears fall and it is breaking my heart. “ I want to live with you and mama and kamo. I don’t want to go back daddy please! ” I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. I pick him up and he hugs me very tight and sobs. I look at Celeste who has been listening and her eyes are teary too. I close my eyes and one falls. I wipe it off. Lesego comes back and she also looks like she was crying in the toilets. She gets in, I take kamo from her and hug all of them. My family. I hear their soft sobs but they are gut wrenching.