CHAPTER 17

Mah, mbuso's mom, my aunts and mbuso's aunt ask me a bunch of questions at the same time and I don't know which one to answer first. Mbuso can see that I'm getting frustrated because he picks me up quickly, carries me out the living and walks somewhere then I hear the car engine running.

Mbuso:" watch your head baby " he says then put me down on the backseat and I groan. Mbuso's mom and mah get in the backseat with me and mah holds my hand. The car reverses and off it goes.

Mah:" Can you feel the baby moving? "

Me:" I've never felt the baby moving, is that why I'm having cramps? "

MaGumede:" no lungi some babies start to play around their mom's stomach when they are six months and some from four months, so please don't stress " mah wipes my forehead and I can feel she's tense. The pain keeps getting worse and I groan

Me:" please God I can't lose my baby....I can't lose my baby " tears fall and mbuso's mother starts praying and we keep quiet and say Amen when she's done.

Mah:" you won't lose your baby luh " she wipes my tears

Me:" where is mbuso mah? "

Mah:" he's driving luh "

Mbuso:" I'm here baby "

Me" I'm sorry.....I'm so sorry, I tried not to stress and worry and now I'm having cramps and I don't know why.....I didn't do anything wrong I swear " my body is so hot and feels like it's on fire

Mbuso:" Luh listen to me. None of this is your fault baby, you are a strong woman and you have been doing absolutely great. I want you to be the strong woman I know you are because our baby needs us right now. Think of all the positive memories you have and just focus on that. Your mom is right here next to you baby, all the people who love you. Nothing is going to happen to our baby, she's probably just playing and wants us to notice her. Everything is going to be fine, you hear me baby? "

Me:" I hear you boo " I sniff

MaGumede:" are we there yet? " the car stops then mbuso shouts, there's commotion outside, mah and his mom get out of the car then I shift and move close to the door then mbuso lifts me and puts me on the wheelchair and the nurses wheel me in me and take me to the room, undress me then I wear the hospital gown, I lye down then they put a drip in me then takes my blood pressure. The other nurse asks them a bunch of questions and writes down.

Doctor:" Miss Ngcobo I'm Doctor Tim. I see that your five months pregnant and you're in pain, tell me where it hurts " The doctor checks my pulse, my eyes, asks me to open my mouth and say 'a' and I do then he injects something on my arm.

Doctor:" The injection I have just given you is to help your body temperature to be at it's normal and you'll start to cool down and feel better ".

Me:" I'm feeling pain on my back, my waist and under my ribs and my stomach hurts " he takes his stethoscope and moves it on my stomach then splashes a gel on my stomach takes the ultra sound machine and moves it around

Doctor:" Lets see what we have right here, here's the heartbeat wow very strong, oh there you are little one sucking your thumb and hmmmm..." I hear my baby's heartbeat and I feel a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders

Gumede:" what was wrong doctor?, why was she in pain ? "

Doctor:" this litlle......"

Mbuso:" doc don't tell us the baby's gender, we want to be surprised "

Doctor:" and I almost ruined the surprise. The reason you were in pain is because your baby is growing and as the baby grows, your uretas is pushing under your ribs making space for the baby to grow well so that's why you were in pain and your temperature was going to rise because of the pain you were feeling ".