7. Best Boy Friend

Start from the beginning

I bowed 90 degrees before starting,
"Good afternoon, my name is Lee Y/N. I'm 24 this year and—"

"Yes, we know. You wrote everything here in your resume."

I got cut off by the lady interviewer sitting at the right side of the table. Immediately, my face flushed red out of embarrassment, but I still kept my head high.

"Lee Y/N, what are your strengths?"

The famous Hitman Bang spoke up, clasping his hands together as he looked at me with his brows raised.

His stare on me was kinda intimidating and scary, but I can't afford to fail anymore interviews, not this one.

"I'm organised, tidy, disciplined and I'm an easy person to work with. Whichever group I'll be managing, I will definitely put in all my heart and effort and treat them as my kids— I'm sorry, that sounded weird, but what I'm trying to say is, I'm good at managing. I'm perfect for the job."

I mentally slapped myself after saying out the last line oh so confidently. Where did this confident come from? They might think I'm a crazy, full of herself weirdo.

"Very well. Lee Y/N-sshi, would you mind telling us why do you want to work at our company? It's best if you're honest."
The interviewer to the left side of the table questioned me, resting his chin on his palm.

I thought about it for awhile. I might fail if I say out what my heart is telling me to say, but we only live once, so be true to yourself instead of lying to yourself.

"Honestly, I didn't wanted to work here in the first place. Something happened and now, you could say that I'm desperate to work here. I failed a lot of my interviews, because I lied when I told them why I wanted to work for their company. So, I'm going to be true today. I need money. I hate people looking down on me when they found out that I was unemployed. I want the title 'manager' to myself."

The room was silent. The three interviewers gathered in a small circle and discussed something. I wish I could hear what they were saying.

If they were to talk bad about my straightforwardness, at least say it in front of my face and don't make me wait like a fool.

After a few minutes, Mr Bang finally turned to face me and shot me a reassuring smile as I still stood straight with a poker face.

"Miss Lee Y/N, congratulations. You've passed. Can you start work tomorrow? Mrs Kim here will guide you for a few days, so don't be too worried."
He said and pointed to a lady in her mid 30s, sitting at the corner of the room.

For some reasons, my heart started beating faster than normal. I walked up to Mr Bang and placed both of my hands on the table, jaws still wide opened.

"Mr Bang, pinch me,"

He shook his head with a laugh and pinched me hard on my cheeks. I winced in pain immediately.

"I-I passed? Just like that?"
I placed a hand over my mouth. Everything was still so unbelievable to me. It was the first time I passed an interview.

The three professionals nodded. I quickly bowed and thanked them, tears were forming in my already watery eyes.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! I promise, I'll work hard and I won't disappoint you."

"One thing, Miss Y/N. There are still a lot of people out there waiting to enter this room. So, you might have a competitor. Mrs Kim will be guiding whoever we accept next as well, so please don't let your guard down."

The chubby man warned with a stern voice. I nodded without hesitation, accepting the challenge.

###
"You passed?! That's great news, Y/N. I'm so proud of you."
Hae Na dived onto the couch and gave me a big koala hug.

"Does this mean that you'll be meeting Jungkook often?"
Jinyoung said as he walked towards us, bringing us some cola from the fridge.

As usual, the three of us were hanging out at my place. These two person are my VVIPs. I feel like I won't be able to breathe without them.

"I guess so. I didn't officially passed though. They will select another one or maybe two more people. I think we'll start training together tomorrow. It's pretty intense."
I explained and grabbed a cola from Jinyoung.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to do this?"
He took a seat beside me and rested his hands on my shoulders, turning me to face him.

"Why not? Is there a problem?"

He took a deep breathe in before exhaling sharply.
"I ignored you on purpose that night, because I was worried. What if he leaves you again? Are you going to suffer for another, I don't know maybe, 9 more years?"

I pushed him gently and furrowed my brows at him.
"Jinyoung, why're you saying it like he's my ex-boyfriend who dumped me? He's just a friend—"

"Your best boy friend to be exact. You also cried over him and locked yourself in your room after finding out that he left. Anyone would think that the both of you were dating."

Hae Na interrupted us, I shoved her my cola and she drank it, butting out from our conversation.

"This time, I won't get so attached to him. Don't worry, Jinyoung. I'm not the old Y/N anymore."
I said firmly, but I was unsure of myself deep inside.

"Don't jinx it, Y/N."

Just then, we heard a faint knock on the door. I ruffled Jinyoung's hair to assure him before striding to the door.

"Who—"

I opened the door to see a small bottle of strawberry milk shoved in front of my face.

I accepted the bottle and saw Jungkook breathing heavily with his hair slightly wet, his shirt was drenched in water too. He was holding a bottle of banana milk in his other hand, giggling cutely at me.

"Jungkook? What brings you here at this time?"

I didn't realise that it was raining heavily outside. The raindrops slapped against the roof, making it noisy, so I had to lean in closer to Jungkook to hear what he was saying.

"Can I come in?"

To Be Continued

rmb to vote if u enjoy this story hehe