70. The Play II

Third POV

"It seems like every time there's a big battle, you guys barely make it out alive. I mean, you guys lose a lot!" Suki sniggered.

Sokka shot back at his girlfriend, "You're one to talk, Suki. Didn't Azula take you captive? That's right, she did!"

The Kyoshi warrior glared at him, "Are you trying to get on my bad side?" she asked seriously.

"I'm just saying ..."   

"Does anyone know where Aang is?" Katara asked. "He left to get me fire gummies, like, ten minutes ago. And I'm still waiting!" Sokka exclaimed.

"I'm gonna check outside." she told the team.

Zuko sighed as his head turned left and right, looking for the princess. "Where is Yozora...?" he muttered.

"She's on the rooftop."

The fire prince got surprised at the sudden voice behind him, making him turn around. "Oh, it's you Toph..." he sighed in relief.

"Yeah yeah, now go and get your girlfriend or whatever. She seems pretty upset." the blind earthbender told Zuko.

He smiled thanked her before running up the stairs.

Indeed, Yozora was on the rooftop, talking to the full moon.

"Oh Yue... How am I supposed to help Aang..." he heard her say. Zuko cleared his throat before making his entrance.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes at his question, her back facing him as she gave a fake smile, "Yeah, I'm absolutely amazing right now! I looooved the play!" she said with full of sarcasm in her voice.

"I know it's upsetting, but it sounds like you're overreacting." Zuko said.

Yozora turned to him, her eyes twitching with anger, "Overreacting? This play humiliated my friends and my family! I'm just glad that I haven't gotten into the Spirit State yet." she said seriously.

"Yozora..."

"Zuko. Please leave me and Yue alone. We're having a talk..." she sighed.

The prince tried to open his mouth and tell her it was going to be okay, but he didn't and left her and the moon alone.

Zuko went inside the building and sat down, leaning towards the wall. A kid wearing an Aang costume ran by him with full joy.

Not too far from the ex-prince, the Southern Water Tribe and Kyoshi warriors were talking at the stairs.

"Suki, what are the chances you can get me backstage? I got some jokes I want to give to the actor me." Sokka said.

"I'm an elite warrior who's trained for many years in the art of stealth." Suki said seriously.

Sokka gulped and almost regretted his life choices if she hadn't smiled in the end.

"I think I could get you backstage!" she said happily. The two left, leaving Toph and Zuko alone.

"Geez, everyone's getting so upset about their characters. Even you seem more down than usual, and that's saying something!" Toph said to Zuko.

He sighed, "You don't get it, it's different for you. You get a muscly version of yourself, taking down ten bad guys at once, and making sassy remarks."

"Yeah, that's pretty great!"

"But for me, it takes all the mistakes I've made in my life, and shoves them back in my face. My uncle, he's always been on my side, even when things were bad. He was there for me, he taught me so much, and how do I repay him? With a knife in his back. It's my greatest regret, and I may never get to redeem myself." Zuko said sadly.