38. Happy Birthday Seon

AT THE BEIFONG'S

The night fell and the four of us laid on our beds, ready to sleep. Toph came to our room and took Aang with her for a walk in the garden as Katara, Sokka and I stayed. I waited till the siblings to fall asleep so I can sneak out and do some business.

Within thirty minutes later, Sokka's snores filled the room but Katara wasn't sleeping so I finally gave in.

"I'm gonna go and get some fresh air." I said nervously. Katara got up from her bed, "You okay, Zora?"

"Yeah, I won't be out too long. I promise. Don't look for me, I just need an alone time. You can sleep." I assured and Katara nodded hesitantly.

I finally escaped the Bei Fong palace and I went deeper to the woods and sat on the thickest tree I could find. I sat down on the grass and pulled out a drawing that i sketched out earlier after dessert.

I placed the drawing in front of me and smiled softly. It was a drawing of Seon.

"Happy Birthday Seon," I place the fire lilies beside it.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't helped you..." i chocked on my own words and let couple tears fall.

"Remember when we were ten and stole uncle Tomi's shield and used it as a sleigh and got in trouble?" I smiled fondly at the memory and tried wiping my tears but they started coming back.

"A-And when I helped you sneak out because you wanted to be apart from your parents just a little while?"

I chuckled, "Remember when your first girlfriend dumped you and I tried to cheer you up? I was so happy when you weren't with her and I got really jealous when you two got back together."

"And our wedding..." I sniffled, trying not to get overly emotional, "you looked so handsome. And you told me I looked beautiful in my dress."

My heart shattered at the thought he's gone now, watching me from the stars. I looked at the sky with the beautiful stars shining above, "I just miss you so much, Seon. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you that night. I'm sorry I didn't express how much you really mean to me." I sobbed.

"Happy birthday, Seon...I love you..." I smiled lovingly at the picture.

"I love you too, Yozora..." a faint voice said behind me. I got startled and looked behind to see Seon. He was blue and transparent.

My throat felt like it was closing up and I couldn't breathe.

"Seon? I-I thought you were dead.... I saw you... I held you as you died!" I gasped out.

"Yozora, I don't have much time. When my spirit left my body, I ended up here, in the spirit world." his voice distant.

"But why are you here?!"

"I came here to see you one last time... I'm sorry I didn't make you happy, I hope you forgive me...." he said guilt in his voice.

I shook my head quickly and squeezed my eyes shut and laughed. "You always made me happy, Seon."

"And I want you to be happy with someone else now, Yozora. I want to see you happy..." his transparent blue hand touched my cheek. Cold breeze blew on my face as he vanished away.

-

After I had calmed down, I went back to the palace to find nobody home.

"Huh, that's strange..." I said to myself.

I came across a woman in her late thirties with a neat bun on her head, "Excuse me, but where are my friends?"

She turned to me and smiled, "They left with a flying bison, princess." she calmly said.