28. Book 2: Leaving home

Third person's POV
A knock on the door has awoken the only princess of the Nortern Water Tribe from her long, never lasting thoughts.

"Come in" she said softly. Her whole body was bandaged and her head has healed at last thanks to the healer, Yugoda, who turned out to be the princess's best friend's daughter.

"Hey, it's me" Katara said softly putting the door behind her. "I just wanted to tell you, we'll be leaving in an hour"

"Thank you, Katara" the princess nodded dismissing her best friend. After her friend left, she got in front of her mirror and looked at herself.

Her pretty blue necklace, carved by her best friend from that time. But soon after he was met by his deadline.

If she can't keep the remaining safe and sound, what was she destined to do? Who was she asked herself the most when she was in her blues.

"You are my daughter, Yozora." her father said.

Through the glass mirror beside her, resting his hand softly on her shoulder. "You are a great hero and i'm proud, my little girl"

"You are strong. You were destined to be the guardian of the Avatar and you're doing a great job." her uncle, Tomi said, behind her father, Luka.

"Being the spiritual guardian means growing up with the Avatar, learning with the Avatar and go on adventures with the Avatar, not just babysitting. I know you can do it, Yozora. You have proved that you are worthy enough to do this job."

"You know that our tribe comes first to us, princesses."

The princess turned around and found the beautiful white haired girl in a beautiful silk dress in front of her.

"But protecting the Avatar comes to you first from all, Yozora. Don't push yourself too hard. Don't underestimate yourself, you're stronger than you think you are." Yue said. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you..." she let out a tear fall.

"No, you mustn't be sorry. It was my choice to save the moon spirit, not yours. It was my destiny and your have your own. So don't ever blame yourself on this, Yozora." Yue said sternly but gently at the same time.

"Thank you," she smiled, wiping her tear away.

"Do you know who you are now?" Yue asked. "I am Yozora, the spiritual guardian of the Avatar and the princess of the Northern Water Tribe to bring peace to the world." she said confidently.

"That's more like it." the previous princess in a pretty silk dress smiled at Yozora before drifting to the moon in the daylight. "Guess it's time to leave home again..."

I took a sharp breath and put a smile on my face. "Come on, Ookami. Let's go" i said as i put the creature in my pocket.

Yozora's POV

"Are you ready, Zora?" Aang asked. "I'm ready." I smiled at the monk.

"Yozora!"

I looked behind and saw the bluebell eyes, sadly looking my way. "Huan..." i said softly. I looked back at Aang who gave a nod, and Sokka who glared Huan's way.

"Guess this is goodbye," i said guiltily as i reached the boy. "I guess it is..." he said sadly as he put his hand under my chin and made me look up at him.

"Promise me, you'll keep yourself out of trouble" he smiled.

"Don't worry about me. I hope you'll fight for the tribe, while i'm gone" i said.

"I made this for you, Yozora..." he handed me a necklace. Not just any necklace, it was a betrothal necklace.

It had swirls and a moon, very beautiful in it's own way. "Oh, Huan! It's lovely" i gasped as I admired his skill.

"Yozora, will you marry me when this war is over. Promise me you'll come back" he clasped my hands in his.

"I—uhh...umm.." i stuttered, trying to figure out how to react. "Yozora, come on!" I heard Katara yell for my name.

"Okay, just a sec!" I called back before turning back to the nervous looking Huan.

"Huan, you must know, I cannot accept this." I said looking down, in guilt.

"Why not? When you return, we can have a family and raise it together in peace! Isn't that what you want?"

"I'm not ready for thing like that. I have a great duty to the world and I just can't see my story with you in it. I'm sorry..." i said as i handed the necklace back.

"I hope you'll find someone someday who can treat you well, Huan" i smiled sadly at the boy. He returned it and hugged me tightly, in a friendly way.

"I understand. Be safe." he smiled as he let go of me. "Goodbye, Huan. Make me proud" i said running back to my friends.

"What was that about?" Sokka asked.

"I said goodbye to him, and he offered me a betrothal necklace" i sighed sadly. Katara gasped.

"Really, what did you say? Did you like him?" Katara asked.

"I liked him, but i've realized that he is more likely to suit for a good friend than a husband." i admitted. I saw Sokka by the corner of my eyes, smiling at himself for a moment.

"Master Pakku will call you next, by the way" Sokka said looking my way but saw me staring at him. He blushed and looked away quickly.

"Lastly, Princess Yozora," Master Pakku called. "Yes, master" i bowed to him and he did the same.

"Here, we prepared a new saddle for the occamy for your safe journey." Pakku said handing me a beautiful saddle. I gasped in sight and smiled gratefully.

"Thank you, master Pakku" i bowed to him as i took the saddle.

"Safe journeys. Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east from here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, Yozora and Aang can begin their earth bending training with King Bumi." he said as the southern water tribe siblings and the avatar got onto a ship that the tribe prepared for us. 

"I wish the best for the mighty guardian," Pakku bowed lastly at me.  "We'll see you soon, Master" i said.

I took Ookami out of my pocket and put the saddle on top on his scales, tightening the belts.

"Come on, boy. What are you waiting for" i giggled as i hopped onto Ookami and soared about the clouds freely, without worrying i'll fall off the end.

-

Please vote for this chapter, it means a lot :)

-

Connection||atlaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें