27. The seige of the north II

"Zhao, get the hell away from her!" I growled when we reached the oasis. Guardsmen and Admiral Zhao was there and was threatening poor Tui in an ugly bag.

"It's my destiny to destroy the moon and the water tribe!" Zhao exclaimed. "Destroying the moon won't just hurt the water tribe, it will hurt everyone, including you" Aang tried to reason.

"Without the moon everything will fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash the world." Aang stated looking at me then Zhao.

"He's right, Zhao!" I turned my head and saw Iroh, wearing a black hood. "General Iroh, why am i not surprised to discover your treachery?" Zhao sneered.

"I'm no traitor, Zhao. The fire nation needs the moon too. We all depend on the balance" Iroh explained. "Whatever you do to that spirit, I'll unleash you on ten fold! Let it go, NOW!"

Iroh got into a fighting stance and glared at him. I got into one as well and sent stink eyes. Zhao then falters, lowering the bag.

He kneels and releases the fish back to the water until he let out a yell and sent a flame at the poor fish, killing it. The moon disappeared from the sky and all black covered.

"No!" I screamed as i attacked Zhao, ignoring the pain all over my body. I was mad. Real mad.

Then i did what i thought i could never do again and sent a lightning at him. I saw shocked faces from everyone and i felt my body acting up.

"How DARE you send a lightning at me!" he yelled as he redirected my lightning and sent it to my chest, making me yell in pain. "Yozora!" Aang screamed.

I used all of my strength and sent fire balls at him, didn't give a fuck if he died. I used my water bending to cut his body ,making him bleed badly.

He looked at me terrified, "How are you bending two elements at once and without the moon? What the hell are you?" Zhao asked with horror written over his face.

"Your forget that i'm a spirit, Zhao" I sent a final blow at him, knocking him cold out before I collapsed on the ground. I greeted the darkness like an old friend as i closed my eyes in pain.

-

Every inch, every cell of my body hurt. I felt like i was bleeding gallons of blood and my head was getting fuzzy.

"Yozora, don't give up on us. Please, you have to wake up..." i heard a low voice. I recognized it as my fathers and smiled softly.

"Please, princess. Your friends need you. You need them. It's time to wake up" he put his large hand on my cheek comfortingly. "Stay safe, Zora"

-

I gasped as i sharply opened my eyes. "She woke up! Yozora woke up!" I heard Katara yell in joy.

My body ached and every organ felt like it was all dry. "Water, Katara water..." i gasped out.

"Yozora! You're alive!" Sokka said happily as he quickly brought water to my face.

I drank all of it and smiled. "Thank you..." i said.

"You gave us a scare there! I thought i'll never see you again! You're safe, we're safe!" Aang said as he teared up.

"What... happened?" I said, trying to sit up but winced at the slight movement.

"Lay back down. Your wounds aren't healed yet," an old lady said coming from behind. She looked familiar and made me wonder who it was.

I looked down at myself and saw bandages all over my body and around head. The lady healed my whole body with water and gave me medicine to ease the pain.

"You were amazing, Yozora! I never knew you could send lightning!" Katara smiled. I looked around and saw only Sokka, Katara, the old lady and Aang.

"Where's Yue?" I asked. Everyone's face fell. "She brought back the moon spirit by giving her life to it..." Katara said sadly with a soft smile on her face. But Sokka looked away.

"No..." i started to tear up. I can't protect my tribe. I can't protect my friends. I can't protect the Avatar, then what was i born to do?

"No..." i repeated, not wanting to believe it at all. "Zhao, where is he?" I demanded as i felt my wrath coming over again.

"He's dead. Don't worry. Fire nation lost, we won." Sokka said trying to comfort me.

"That's not the point! I failed Yue, i failed my family, i failed all of you! I'm a total failure!" I sobbed. "Oh Yue. I'm sorry... i took you away from everyone... i'm sorry" i said under my breath, seeking forgiveness from her spirit.

"Listen to me, Yozora. You're not a failure. You'll never be one. You finished Zhao and now, you saved your tribe. You saved us from the fire nation" he said.

"That doesn't make me any better! I killed someone!" I snapped.

"Sokka, please leave. Aang, Katara you should go too, i need rest..." i said out of exhaustion.

After they left with sad faces, i laid back and the old lady healed me. "You are very brave, Yozora. My mother would be proud of you..." the lady said.

"Who are you?" I asked. "My name is Yugoda, daughter of Maya." she smiled.

Maya!

"My friend, Maya?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, she told me lots of stories about her best princess friend when i was young. My mother missed you every day and every night."

I let a tear fall for my best friend.

"You gave her hope, she knew you were alive because she always believed you will bring peace to the world. You did everything for your tribe and she always told how brave you were with full of pride to me. You were never a failure princess, and you will never be one." Yugoda smiled sadly.

"Oh Maya..." i let another tear fall. I smiled, "thank you for telling me this, Yugoda."

I always felt no one understood me because i was from another time with Aang. I thought no one could understand how i felt when i let my tribe down. Even if there was Aang, i never had the guts to open up to him. Maya, however was my lifelong friend and i needed this support even if she was gone but her spirit was there with us.

"No problem at all, Princess Yozora. I'm almost done with your wounds, let me get your clothes now." Yugoda said getting up to get my clothes.

She brought my new clothes back and i thanked her and we hugged. "Thank you for coming back" she smiled.

"Always" i nodded before leaving the healing hut.

I wondered where the others are and felt guilty for snapping at Sokka. He also lost someone dear to him and i know i might made him feel worse.

"Yozora..." i saw Katara. "Katara, i'm so sorry" i said running to give her a hug.

"I'm sorry too." Katara hugged back and we left to find the boys. We found them at the conference room with sad faces. Aang saw us and gave a sad smile and Sokka turned to face me.

"Sokka, i'm sorry for snapping at you." I said hugging him tightly. "It's okay. Just to let you know, you're not alone. We'll never leave you" Sokka hugged me back.

"You did it, Aang" i smiled happily at the monk after i pulled away from the hug. "No, we did it together," he smiled as we had a big group hug.

-

Please vote for this chapter, it means a lot🥺💞🙏🏻