34. Swampy visions

MY EYES SHOT WIDE OPEN when I felt something slimy pull my leg. A vine wrapped around my leg and harshly pulled me somewhere. I screamed and tried to cut it off but it was too thick.

I landed on a muddy water and groaned at my sore back. "Just great! I'm separated again!" I muttered.

An all too familiar figure stood in front of me while I squinted who it was.

"Wait, Seon...?" I choked on my words.

"Yozora, I loved you but why?" he asked.

Wait, he can't be real...

He's supposed to be dead...

"Why did you let me die, Yozora?" he demanded.

"I'm sorry, Seon...please..." I apologized, stepping backwards. My heart broke into millions of shards and it hurt seeing him again...

"Now it's all your fault that I died!" he yelled.

"No... no... I didn't mean to!"

"Yozora..."

I turned around and saw my father. "Why did you let me go, Zora? Why did you let your uncle die?"

"No... you're not real. Both of you are not real..." I told myself, hands over my ears.

They're dead. Father and Seon are dead! Don't listen to them, Yozora! I told myself trying to block out their voices.

"You let the tribe down! You let your family down! You let me down!" Soen said.

"No!" I coward down and closed my eyes shut.

"Why did you leave us, Zora? We needed you..." a feminine voice called. I turned around and saw a girl in a messy braids, just like I saw her last time.

"Maya...please.... I'm sorry, I really am!" I called out.

"You let us die! How could you let us down that easily?!"

They screamed in my ears, making me want to go deaf just to ignore those horrible words.

I felt shuffling behind me, and saw there weren't any sign of the people I've lost.

"What do you think you guys are doing?! I've been looking all over for you!" Sokka said angrily.

Displeased with Sokka's tone, Katara fired back. "Well I've been looking all over for you!"

"I was chasing some girl." Aang said shrugging. "What girl?"

"What did you see, Yozora?" Katara asked.

I looked around, stepping away, looking alert at everything I can feel, see and touch. "N-No one special..."

"Okay, so what here? The middle of the swamp?" Sokka asked.

"Yeah, the center..." Aang replied.

"Zora? Are you okay?" Katara said stepping closer.

"What's wrong?" Aang asked.

"Nothing's wrong.." I said refused to meet his eyes.

"We know you're lying..." Aang sighed.

"I don't care" I replied firmly.

"Why won't you talk to us?" Sokka asked.

Katara repeated her question once again, "Yozora. What did you see?"

"I don't wanna talk about it, okay? Just leave me alone!" I snapped.

"What's wrong with you? All we're trying to do is help, but now you're screaming at us!" Katara said.