7. The King's Challenges

I WOKE UP, AANG SHAKING MY SHOULDERS RAPIDLY . "What Aang?!" I said groaning.

"They took Katara and Sokka! We have to complete the challenges to get them back." he said panicking.

"Calm down. We're gonna get them back, no worries" i said comfortingly.

I put my hair in a bun and followed the guards for our challenges to save our friends. We got to Katara and Sokka, so happy to see them again.

"You gave us a scare there!" I said hugging the siblings. They smiled but it faltered not soon after. I looked down at their hands and saw crystal rings. They were growing by the second!

The King showed up wearing a weird purple outfit with viking helmet on.

"Now, tell me honestly. How does my outfit look?"

Aang and i looked at each other and i replied, "it looks fine?"

"Splendid! You finished your first challenge!" the King grinned.

"Really?!" Aang and i asked hopefully.

"No, not the deadly challenges. They are more challenging." the King smirked. I frowned and we followed the guards to a cold chamber. I heard some water sounds from there and noticed a waterfall with ladders coming through it.

"Now, i'm really hungry and my lunch key's there!" he said pointing at the waterfall. Inside it, there was a small key dangled up in there holding its place. But under the waterfall, there were slippery spiky rocks.

"And the girl will do this challenge alone!" Aang protested but let me go anyway because the rings on the Southern Tribe siblings were growing faster and faster.

I bit my lip as i jumped in the sky and landed on top of a spike safely. I looked at the small silver key and tried to find a way to get it.

"The crystals are growing!" the king mocks me. I think over and over and decided to give it a try to my dumb idea. I made an opening between the water and jumped to the ladder, leading me to the key. I used my water bending to clear up my path and caught the key.

I threw it at the king, smirked, "here's your lunch!"

-

The next was Aang's turn to find the King's pet, Flopsy. Aang chased after a tiny rabbit, whom he thought was Flopsy. Behind him a giant goat-rabbit like giant monster chased after Aang.

He chased after the tiny bunny but the bunny got into a hole where Aang cannot reach. The monster caught Aang and sniffed him. He took a moment to realize and said, "Flopsy?"

Flopsy licked Aang making him giggle. "Good job, but we're not done yet. If you get through this very last challenge, i'll let your friends go." the king promised.

"And it will need both of you," he smirks.

-

"Choose your opponent!" the king said bringing four other, scary looking men beside him. "Choose wisely,"

Aang and i looked at each other and communicated in silence. "We made our choice..." Aang said seriously at the king.

"Aang, hurry up!" Sokka said from afar as his crystals grow more and more. Aang started pointing at the people and immediately landed it on the King of Omashu.

"We choose you!" I said way too confidently. It was too soon...

The king smiled evilly, "Wrong Choice!" and ripped his purple clothes, revealing his very muscular body. He threw a big boulder at us and Aang and i almost got squashed by the wall on the other side.

I ran on the walls and ready to attack him, but he was too quick and dodged my hand. I flew up in the air and sent a whisk of air at him, making him move couple feet from the position he was at.

Aang attacked him with his staff, blowing huge wind from it. But the king got underground and dodged the attack too. I sent couple boulders at the King, who obviously dodged it and sent them to me.

Aang flip in the air and sent a tornado to him and I used my earth bending, got a hold of his legs and arms with hard rock and smirked.

"We did your stupid challenges, now let our friends go!" Aang demanded furiously. By now, Sokka and Katara's faces were only visible and it meant there wasn't much time.

"Now, answer the last question." the King said innocently. I snorted and glared at him, "You said you will let them go if we finish the challenges!"

"Not until you answer the very last question.What's my name?"  the King smiled at us.

Aang looked shocked.

How could we know what his name was if he didn't tell us!

"You have time till the end of the day." the King snort laughed and went off.

"Think about the challenges! They might be the clues!" Katara said hopefully. "Well, it wasn't what i expected, all of them were different in their own way..." i thought out loud.

"Hey! He's an earth bender, right? What about Rocky?" Sokka said.

"I think i got it!" Aang smiled. I nodded and followed him to the king.

"I thought about your crazy challenges. You're a mad genius, Bumi!" Aang said hugging his old best friend.

"It's good to see you, Aang. You haven't changed a bit! Literally!" King Bumi smiled down at the bald monk.

He looked at me and smiled too. "I want to speak with Yozora, excuse us Aang."

I said goodbye to the young monk and followed Bumi to another room, which looked like a library.

"You are a one courageous guardian, Yozora. Your spiritual energy can be felt from far away." "Thank you, Bumi"  i smiled kindly.

"I know you weren't supposed to be an Avatar, but you are perfect for the role and you're doing a great job. Maya would be proud..." he smiled softly at me. I started to well up and brought a small smile on my face.

He told me about Maya's adventures and how she ended up fighting for the 100 year war and got married and had kids too. I felt like i missed out a lot.

"I'm deeply sorry for your loss, but she was inspired by you how you were so strong and patient when coming to keeping the people safe."

I thanked him and wiped my tears away. "Take care, young one." Bumi said and bid the gaang goodbye.

"Goodbye Bumi, keep being mad."

-

Any kind of support are deeply appreciated :)