57. The Date

A/n: Play the song when I tell you ;) It's a music night today.

-

TONIGHT I'LL FINALLY DO IT. Tonight's moon would be full in the dark sky and my water bending power will be higher than before.

Drowning in my own deep thoughts, I didn't even realize we were back at the palace. Lee and I got out of the box and I stretched my limbs.

The carriage man excused himself and ran towards the gates to see his wife and his newborn baby.

"Let's go inside, princess. Prince Zuko is waiting for you in his chambers." Lee told me making me snap my gaze to him.

I felt a tiny bit excited. Just a tiny bit.

Ew.

I frowned to myself as I felt warmth spread on my cheeks. As each steps I took, my heart started to beat faster.

Why's my heart going so fast?'

Slowly, I walked through the halls, taking multiple turns to reach Zuko's room.

I quickly looked down at myself and patted down the wrinkles that were tiny bit visible and fixed my braided hair. I knocked on the large door three times and heard a gruff 'Come in'.

I opened the door and saw The Fire Prince on his bed, shirtless. I blushed at the sight and teared my gaze from his body.

"Y-Yozora!!" his cheeks were dusted with dark red as he quickly grabbed a shirt on the top of his bed sheets and slid into it.

You've seen plenty of muscular men. He doesn't surprise you. I kept saying to myself as I lowkey checked him out.

Not knowing what to say, "Hey..." was all I greeted him with.

"H-Hi," he gave me a small smile. "You're back from your trip." Zuko said almost happily.

I returned the friendly smile and walked over to him. "Yeah, it was great." I said as I took a seat next to him.

Yeah, I'm only few steps away to take your father's life.

I shifted under my seat hesitantly while Zuko looked away.

"So... what do you have planned for us today?" I asked curiously as I fiddled my thumbs together.

His eyes lit up when I brought up the date, "Oh. It's a secret." he winked at me making butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"I'll wait at the pond for you before sunset." Zuko said softly. His large hand traveled through my hair and put the loose strand behind my ear.

I fixed my throat and nodded quickly, "I'm looking forward to it." I replied.

He nodded and got off of his bed, me following after.

I looked at him one last time, "I'm going to excuse myself if you don't mind, prince Zuko." I said.

He nodded, dismissing me.

I went up to my room to see Hana Ming tidying the place up. "Hana Ming." I greeted her.

She got startled and gasped, turning my way, her hand covering her mouth. She grinned, "Princess! I didn't know you were coming today!"

"Yeah, I'm here in the palace and Zuko's taking me somewhere and I need your help." I said.

The middle aged servant giggled and nodded quickly. "I'm at your service, Princess Yozora." she bowed.

"Hana, you can call me Yozora when we're alone." I said assuringly.