22. The Northern Air Temple

"Appa, just a little more and you can rest, okay boy?" Aang pets his tired bison.

I saw Aang's lifeless body falling from the ceiling.

I gasped, ignoring the strange look from the siblings and quickly looked around where we were.

"Aang! It's Northern Air Temple! We're here!" I said excitedly as i saw the tall temples. I saw weird smoke coming out of it and people in the air, flying.

"Wait, is that?" I hesitated.

"Hey, look at that!" Katara said pointing at the people flying with their glider. Aang looked closer and frowned. "They're not air benders."

"Wait, is he in a wheelchair?" I squinted my eyes at the boy. Aang took his staff and jumped off of Appa and soared above the sky. Heh, that boy's so competitive.

I smirked at Aang as he zig zagged between the temples. "Show off" i giggled under my breath.

-

The kid in a wheelchair's name was Teo and the temple was kinda ruined by his father. Aang was really pissed as he saw the tubes going in and out of the Northern Air Temple.

I couldn't blame him, it was supposed to be a memorial building here but instead it was wrecked.

"Come on, Aang. I hope we can still find one part of the temple not destroyed." I said leading him to an arena like place.

"Glad this part isn't ruined..." Aang said happily. Then some machine hit the walls and wrecked it.

"What is wrong with you!" Aang yelled at the man who was controlling the machine. "Yeah! This is absolutely unbelievable how you treat this place this horrible way! You should be ashamed of yourself!" I yelled at the man.

Then he tells us this is for a bathhouse which was such a stupid excuse.

"These people are getting to stink!" the man said.

"This whole place stinks!" Aang said angrily. "Dad, Aang and Yozora used to come here before. They're the Avatars" Teo said to the man who is actually his dad.

Then Teo's dad explained why he had to do this and it was for his son, who's in a wheelchair. Sokka and Katara let out a tear which was weird. People are so emotional, I thought as i rolled my eyes.

Teo brought us to another place, similar to the Southern Air Temple's sanctuaries. Suddenly i felt uneasy.

Aang didn't want to go in there because he thinks they ruined that room also.

"But only air benders can open these doors. It's been untouched since the air benders before here. I really wanted to see what's inside there since i got here." Teo said hopefully.

"I'm not so sure, Teo. Come on Aang, let's go outside." I said taking his hand.

"It's okay, Aang. I'm really upset too because i came here before and i truly miss the people, the culture and the buildings but we have to let go to our past too. We need to give chance to Teo and his friends and family..." i reasoned.

He sighed and nodded. "You're right, Yozora. You're always right. Thanks" he smiled softly.

"Glad to help." I gave him a small hug and we returned back to the sanctuary and caught up with Teo.

"Hey, Teo do you wanna know what's inside that door?" Aang said happily.

Teo looked excited and followed us to the giant ass doors. Aang blew air into the horns and opened it.