29. Crazy General Fong

A/n: play the song when i tell you, okay? Okay. Back to the story~

It was dark at the nighttime and the moon was shining brightly with the stars. Ookami was taking a nap with Appa, cuddling together. They seemed to get along just right and i was happy he made a new friend.

From afar, i heard someone walking on the deck so i decided to check it out.

"Aang," i said softly at the little monk. He looked startled and jumped a little. "Yozora! You scared me there."

"What are you doing at this time of the night?"

"It's nothing." he looks away.

"Stop lying, Aang. What's up?" I said getting closer to him.

"It's just a dream..." he looks away.

"Nightmare?"

He nods slowly, letting a sigh. "I was watching myself at the Avatar State. It was scary. I was scary,"

I put my arm around his shoulder and smiled softly. "Don't worry, Aang. I'll help you how to control the Avatar State so you won't have that dream again,"

"Really? Promise?" he said enthusiastically and pulls out a pinky. I chuckled and we locked our pinkies together. "I promise."

"Now, go to sleep. It's late," i said. "I can't. I'm scared i might see myself again." Aang said sadly.

Then an idea pops at my head and i take his hand. I took him to Appa and i laid back to the bison, petting an empty seat beside me to make him come over.

A/n: play the song now!

Aang sat down beside me, completely clueless. I let him rest his head on my shoulder and i started singing softly.

"When the north wind, meets the sea

There's a river, full of memory

Sleep my darling, safe and sound

For this river where all is found..."

I noticed he had a small smile on his face and cuddled closer to me. I took him in a motherly way and started tracing my pinky over his bridge of the nose and sang more.

"In her waters, deep and true

Lie the answers and a path for you

Dive deep down into her sound

But not too far, or you'll be drowned...

Yes, she will sing to whose who'll hear

And in her songs all magic flows

But can you brave what you most fear?

Can you face, what river knows?"

I saw his eyes getting drowsy and still smiling softly to the tune.

"When the north wind, meets the sea

There's a mother, full of memory

Come my darling homeward bound

Where all is lost then all is found..."

I heard a small snore out of Aang's mouth as i finished the song, meaning he's asleep. "Goodnight, kiddo" i said as i closed my eyes.

-

After a while of flying through the air and steering Appa and Ookami in the directions our maps tell us to go, i spotted the walled tower of General Fong's quarters.