21. The Deserter

So Chey got us in trouble and the guys brought us to the ex general or was it an ex commander? That doesn't matter someone who is very skilled ex fire nation, Jeong Jeong.

Chey brought us to a camp, where he is staying. He said that Jeong Jeong was the best fire bending master in the world and isn't working under the Fire Lord Ozai which is so cool.

But sadly, Chey said Jeong Jeong wasn't really happy to bring us here and demanded to go.

"But i wanna learn fire bending!" Aang whined. "C'mon let's get out of here." I said as i pack my stuff.

"Why won't he see me?" Aang asks sadly. "He says you're not ready." Chey states.

"Says you haven't mastered water bending or earth bending yet," he says, i looked at him shocked and confused.

"Wait! How does he know that?" I asked.

"He saw the way he walked into the camp. He can tell," Chey said.

"What about me? Am i ready enough to learn fire bending?" I asked. He just shrugged.

"I'm going in anyway!" Aang says as he stands up and begins to step out of the shack. "Aang wait!" I said as i follow him outside.

"Yozora, this is our only chance to learn fire bending! We may never find another fire bending master now!" he says as he continues walking towards Jeong Jeong's hut leaving me with the siblings.

I got comfortable in the sleeping bag and drifted into a deep slumber.

-

"Aang! No!" I screamed at the lightning shot boy as i fought ten men in black and green. "Katara, save him!" I cried.

She immediately made a wave and caught Aang's lifeless body just in time. Suddenly, i felt myself feeling numb and loosing myself.

"No..." i whispered as i fought more and more.

"Katara, get him out of here! I'll hold them off!" I screamed at the girl who had tears in her eyes but nodded as she went up to the exit.

"Ha! The spirit is finally in my hands now!" a girl said evilly with Zuko standing next to her with the other men in black and green, surrendering me right then and there.

-

I woke up feeling my heart beating rapidly that it might come out of my throat. "Zora! Guess what?" Aang smiled excitedly as he jogged towards my way.

"Hey, what is it?" I put on a fake smile, still terrified of the nightmare i just had.

Jeong Jeong agreed to teach us fire bending, which was strange but we shrugged it off.

"Widen your stance, Avatar!" he tells Aang as he stands on a rock. "Wider! Bend your knees! Now ,concentrate." he orders. "Good good." he says as he walks away.

"Wait! What do i do now?" Aang asks.

"Silence! Talking is not concentrating. Look at Yozora, she's a natural at it! Look at your friend here. She's not talking is she? Even that oaf knows to concentrate on what he's doing!" Jeong Jeong exclaims as he points over Sokka.

"Yozora, you're ready. Aang, concentrate!" he orders. "But what am i concentrating on?" Aang asks.

"Feel the heat of the sun! It is the greatest source of fire. Yet, it is in complete balance with nature!" he said as he signaled me to follow him. I nodded and followed Jeong Jeong.

"Fire is the element of power. The people of the fire nation have desire and will, and the energy to drive to achieve what they want. It is very deadly and can take millions of lives with just a little punch." he said.