Aftermath (Part 2)

This is the last chapter I hope you like it and hope that you enjoyed the story :)
⚠️Crying, mentions of death⚠️
...................................................

~previously~

He stared down at his friends face, tears falling from his eyes continuously and falling to the ground. Fabian's eyes were closed almost as if he were sleeping, mouth ajar as if still breathing and crimson blood staining the skin near his mouth. They both took one look back at the corpse of Ezekiel and finally made their way back to Gondor.

~
3rd person PoV:

He stared down at his friends face, tears falling from his eyes continuously and falling to the ground. Fabian's eyes were closed almost as if he were sleeping, mouth ajar as if still breathing and crimson blood staining the skin near his mouth. They both took one look back at the corpse of Ezekiel and finally made their way back to Gondor.

It became apparent to now to the once four, now three as they neared the entrance of Gondor, that six figures were standing there and looking worriedly out at them. Unfortunately to them, one of the people who had a connection with Fabian was standing amongst them.

Aragorn, gently holding Legolas in his arms, looked down to the ground to avoid their curious gazes. They had obviously not yet noticed the limp and lifeless form of Fabian being cradled in Haldir's arms behind him, seeming to have only become aware of Legolas and Aragorn's state in that moment.

Elladan, Elrohir, Arwen, Eowyn, Thranduil and Elrond stood there, most of them simultaneously moving forward as they neared. Thranduil staying in his place as they did so, eyes fixated thoughtlessly on his unconscious son who lay, unmoving and practically lifeless in the king of Gondor's arms.

"Estel we were worried, where were you?!" Arwen yelled, gripping onto said Aragorn's shoulder with force and looking into his eyes questioningly. Aragorn continued to avoid eye-contact, looking anywhere but the direction of their eyes and it did not go unnoticed by them.

"What happened?" Lord Elrond asked, once relaxed features holding an expression of concern as he went to stand beside his, all the same, worried daughter.

Despite their eleven senses and ability to notice practically everything, they still had not taken notice of Fabian, seeming to be too engrossed in Aragorn and Legolas's dire state to comprehend the deceased and frail figure of Fabian who rested, motionless in Haldir's shaking arms as if they were a sun to be blinded by, never to gaze upon the surface of.

Eowyn was the first to notice Fabian and Haldir. At first her eyes widened immensely and her feet froze to the ground beneath her, the others around her seeming to do the same as their eyes cast slowly over to them.

When she finally spoke her voice trailed slowly, as if her words were unwilling to take flight from past her trembling lips "...W-What? F-Fabian" She simply muttered, gathering the attention of Thranduil, who had been looking at his son without any sign of emotion in his eyes. The elven Kings' eyes widened slightly, pupils thinning excessively as they studied Fabian, travelling upon every stain of blood, every cut, every bruise as if he were an artist unwilling to look past the imperfections.

"What happened to Fabian and Legolas?" Thranduil asked without a stutter in his voice. Aragorn's eyes drifted over to him with a recognisable sense of anger, arms tensing as he held onto the said kings son in his arms. Though he was still bleeding and heavily wounded from his injury's and that fact caused the strength he was pushing on his lips as he attempted to pry them apart, to give up and fall back into an emotionless and thin line.