The council of Elrond

...................................................

~previously~

I felt dread deep through me and I took a step back "Ada no he would be devastated. Please, I'm begging you!"

Then let me talk to him, let me examine him for any wounds" He threatened.

"Fine" I muttered.

"Fine?" He said taken aback.

"I will do it myself" I said louder and more confidently.

They looked at each other and then nodded "If you lie about anything you know what will happen"

"Yes I know" I turned to look at the hobbits and Gandalf "Don't speak a word of this to anyone" The hobbits nodded hurriedly but Gandalf sighed, I took that as a yes and didn't waste any time before sprinting off in the direction Legolas had taken off from.

~

3rd person PoV:

The man sat down next to his friend; Legolas, he had always been a mystery to him. Never once had he seen a hint of happiness on his face, it had always either been sadness or emotionless. Never once had he seen his small pale lips lift up his cheeks to express his joy behind the mask that he had painted over his face to hide himself from the world. He was a mystery to the man, he was that and far beyond.

The ranger looked at the elf, hoping to see him smile. He had hated in the moment when he was crouched down on the floor with his head buried in his knees as they continued to torment him. But now legolas sat there on a seat next to the man with no expression on his face.

Aragorn built up his courage and spoke with a quiver in his voice, he hated that he had to do this "Legolas, I spoke to Ada-"

"I know what you are going to say but it's fine, I am fine and I have been perfectly fine ever since I arrived at Rivendell" He spat, not changing his facial expression and continuing to stare straight ahead.

"Legolas please" Aragorn muttered loosing hope.

"Go ahead then. Examine me! And if I am indeed injured as you all seem to think then I won't be allowed to join the fellowship" Legolas shouted angry.

"That is not what I am worried about" the ranger said matter-of-factly.

"What makes you so worried then?" The elf asked slightly embarrassed at his outburst.

The ranger placed a calm hand on his shoulder, Legolas never turning around "What did you mean when you said you were happy but they're bringing it back?"

"I ment nothing of it" Legolas said, rather irritated.

The man sighed, knowing that legolas would rather not talk about it. He stood up, bid his farewell and left for his bed.

The glowing moon glared down at the majestic elf as he began to hum along to a song. The warm wind caressing his cheek as a tear fell, splashing to the floor quicker and quieter than any sound on middle earth. The night was long and the elf sat...

The next day...

"Strangers of distant lands, friends of old. We are gathered here to answer the threat of Mordor for the ring of power has been found" The elf Lord spoke hearing many whispers around him. Aragorn's mind wandered off...

Aragorn had told Lord Elrond that he had no wounds. He wasn't really lying because he hadn't seen any wounds, Legolas wouldn't let him, the ranger thought. Aragorn wondered if the mysterious elf considered him a friend or not or if he just used him as an ally to get him out of medical examinations. He only wondered hopelessly as the council went on, not noticing Boromir sending insults his way or even when Legolas stood up.

What did catch his attention though was the words that came out of his mouth "This is no mere ranger, this is Aragorn son of Arathorn...you owe him your allegiance"

Okay I am reeeeaaalllyyy sry for the short chapter, I am going on holiday soon and don't really have a lot of time to write but I might update a story later