When will this nightmare be over?

⚠️Bad treatment of injuries, Injury detail⚠️
...................................................

~previously~

Aragorn made his way into the room, staring down at Legolas on the chair with sympathy "No wonder you didn't tell me" He said.

Legolas spun around on the chair, eyes going wide in shock as they stared into each other's eyes.

~
3rd person PoV:

Legolas spun around on the chair, eyes going wide in shock as they stared into each other's eyes "Aragorn..." Legolas said, eyes still wide with shock as he stood up from off his seat "...You heard all of that?" He asked.

"Of course I did..." Aragorn said, taking a couple of steps closer to Legolas, his brows furrowed slightly as he tried to think of what to say "...I am sorry for listening in but I was wondering where you had gone-"

"It doesn't matter Estel..." Legolas cut him off, hand slightly raised as if motioning for him to stop. The elf sighed quietly "...I was going to tell you anyway" He said.

There was a short, somewhat uncomfortable silence in which they just looked to the ground, staring at it as if it were guilty of something "What you said about Thranduil being behind it all..." Aragorn started, hesitantly "...Do you really believe that?" He asked.

Legolas gave him a cold look "Of course I do..." He said "...Do you not believe me then?"

"It's not that..." Aragorn cut in sharply, looking deep into Legolas's icy blue eyes "...It's just I don't think he would turn on his people like that" He said.

Legolas scoffed, the sound sending silent chills up Aragorn's spine "Trust me, when a elf like my father has that much ego, they can pretty much do anything they please..." He said, walking over to sit down on the edge of the windowsill "...It is beyond me why he did it but I don't think that it's normal for a non-abusive father to suddenly start abusing their son right after they escape being held hostage"

Aragorn hummed in agreement, though he still felt a bit weary on the subject as if some important factor was missing. He turned his head to the door upon hearing a slightly quiet Knock on the wooden door. It was Fuyu, she was standing by the door, looking at Legolas with a somewhat forced smile "The nurse wants to check your stab wound, Legolas" She said.

"But nurse Edith has already checked it, just an hour ago" Legolas replied, face holding confusion and brows furrowed.

Fuyu nodded "I know..." She said, paling ever so slightly but Aragorn noticed it "...It's a new nurse, he wants to check your wound so that he knows where Edith left off" (Just for clarification, Edith is the nurse that treated Legolas and the others, she has a name now finally lol)

"But where is Edith?" Aragorn asked.

"She has gone to visit family in Rohan, she might be gone for a while" Fuyu replied, turning to face Aragorn.

"But we only saw her a while ago..." Legolas said, standing up from off the sill, silhouetted slightly from the moonlight shining against his back "...And she did not look like she was preparing to go anywhere"

"That's what I thought..." Fuyu said, the flames from the various candles thought the room, dancing in her auburn eyes "...But you should hurry, he seems quite persistent on seeing you Legolas"